Chapter 33

In her last few days here, she had been training amongst the guards and hidden away from Namjoon's eyes. She was capable to wield a sword if it came down to it now, and had just enough stamina to hold her own.

Reese sat in the bathtub within her chambers, relaxing in the warm water. Her hair was pinned up and out of the water as she remained half submerged as the warm water relaxed the muscles she used.

Everything was ready. Yoongi had gotten Jimin and Reese two little bags to put any belongings in... at first, she put the bear Seokjin had gotten for her into the bag and then went to put a few dresses and the plain cape in.

But the bear took up the majority of the bag.

So she removed it and found the belongings she had wasn't enough to fill the bag-

She shook her head to herself, putting the bear in with only one dress and the cape. She'd have to cope without a bath, without a clean dress for god knows how long.

Yesterday, after training, she had sent out letters to neighbouring kingdoms. Asking for help, to borrow their armies to reclaim her kingdom and stop the tyranny of Statha's king.

She knew that those letters would get to the kingdoms today, just before they left at the stroke of midnight tomorrow.

She sighed softly, daring to sink down into the water more without getting her hair wet.

"Miss Sophie?" She heard Taehyung knocking on her bedroom door. Because he didn't get an answer, she heard the bedroom door open and his footsteps wander through her chambers.

"I'm in the bath Prince." She spoke quietly but loud enough for him to hear. He heard footsteps towards the bathroom and then a little bang.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly, his heart fluttering at her attention that she'd been spending so much on Seokjin lately.

"I'm fine." She continued speaking quietly. "And you? How are you your highness?"

"I'm good." He chuckled. "Prince Namjoon is staying another week... will you be okay with that?"

"Yes. That's fine." She whispered softly. Tears brimming her eyes in realisation.

It dawned on her there and then, that he might as well attack Ardarweien now whilst the army is split between patrolling the border and remaining in the castle. Her mind immediately flickered to a picture of Seokjin sprawled on the floor in front of the Prince, the life gone from his eyes, and the prince just before his throne in a similar way, Namjoon sat atop it.

"Sophie, did you hear what I said?" He asked quietly.

"No, sorry."

"I asked if you're hungry, you didn't come to dinner tonight."

She was before her mind took her down that path.

"No, not yet. I'll ask the cook to make me something if I'm hungry before he goes to bed." She just about maintained to keep her voice stable as she sat there, the water seeming cold.

"Okay." Reese heard a shuffle. "Goodnight Sophie, sleep well."

"Goodnight your highness." She replied and heard footsteps walking away. She got out of the bath, wrapping herself up before entering her chambers. She noted that the door was closed as was the window and she changed into a nightgown and went to bed in the darkness, her dreams taking her to the fight between Ardarweien and Statha.

The next morning, her final morning in the Ardarweien castle, she knew what she had to do.