Chapter 2 ~ Kayden

My eyes fly open as my alarm blares into the airwaves. I arch my back and hear pops all in unison. I roll off of my stomach and onto my back, seeing my sheets on the ground next to my bed. My sister comes dashing into my room and jumps onto my bed. Lily's platinum blonde hair springs up and down as she jumps on my bed next to me.

"Get up, Kayden! Get up!" she giggles at the sight of my boxers. I grumble a good morning and run my fingers through my auburn hair, rolling out of bed as I do. I walk over to my closet and Lily runs in after me. She grabs a button down shirt and tosses it up to me.

"Wear that," she smiles at her great choice and I shrug.

"Okay, then what pants should I wear with it?" I ask her as she looks through my collection of pants with a cute little concentrated look.

"Well, since it's our first day, then you should wear your nice khaki shorts," she orders me while pointing to the pants and then walking out of my closet to let me change. I chuckle lightly at her impeccable sense of fashion.

I step out fully dressed, looking myself up and down in the mirror. The button-down shirt was a nice green that looked sharp with the khaki pants Lily picked out.

"I love your taste in fashion," I say to Lily and squeeze her into a bear hug. She giggles and wraps her arms around my neck.

"I know. Mom tells me that every day," she wriggles out of my arms and dashes out of my room. I shake my head in amusement and comb through my auburn hair. Once it looked semi-decent, I grabbed my bag and phone and headed downstairs.

My Mom and sister were already at the table eating breakfast as I walked down the stairs. My Mom smiles sweetly as she looks me up and down.

"You look so grown up," she compliments me, an alert goes off on her watch and she steps away for a second to handle something. I give her a thumbs up to show her it's okay and sit down next to Lily. She high fives me after looking at my hair.

"You'll get a girlfriend for sure with my help," she whistles proudly. I laugh out loud at her sudden sense of pride and Mom walks back over to the table. Her watch was turned off now.

"Same old situation, right?" I ask her, shoveling eggs onto my plate. And grabbing a few sausage links while I'm at it.

"Yup, some kid did something wrong and I had to give them a bad situation they would have to live with," Mom says as she looks down at her eggs and then up at me.

I look over at the clock on the wall and realize that I had to get going already. Lily gives me a hug goodbye and her eyes were filled with pride.

"Good luck at first grade today, Lil!" I shout as I dash out the door and hop into the waiting car. Aiden and Dylan were grinning in the car, dressed in similar attire.

"Soon, we will be graduated!" Dylan shouts joyfully.

"We still have a whole year of being seniors first," I say, clicking my seat belt into place.

"Well, a guy can dream," Aiden defends himself as he checks his rearview mirror and then backs out of my driveway and drives down the street towards school.