Chapter 12 ~ Amara

Butterflies twittered in my stomach as I adjusted my dress and prepared to walk in the parade that my Father should've been leading. But here I was. Filling in his shoes for the day and attempting to do a good job of it.

"We will start in a moment miss," a guard announces from somewhere behind me and I nod. I glance down at my finger and admire the ring of Cupid on my left ring finger. The finger that had a vein straight to my heart. The finger that had the most important ring in my family on it. A ring that was a deep red with a white arrow in the center and gold edging.

"You look gorgeous, sis," Noah's voice suddenly reaches my ears and I whirl around to face him, feeling the dress flare all around me as I spun. "Absolutely stunning."

"Breathtaking" Ben adds in as he strolls over with his hands in the pockets of his tux pants.

"Thank you," I kiss them each on the cheek and then look down at the Cupid's Ring and begin wringing my hands nervously. Until Noah grabs onto them and pulls me closer, wrapping me into a hug.

"They love you, sis, don't be so nervous," He whispers in my ear as I smile softly and appreciatively and feel the braided crown on my head, still nervous.

"Darling, you're going to steal the show," My Mother gasps as she walks over in an elegant white knee-length dress that complimented her dirty blonde hair and brilliant blue eyes. Everyone in my family had brilliant blue eyes, except for me and my grandmother. That's where I got my emerald green eyes and dark brown hair from. It gave me a mysterious look is what I've been told.

"Aren't I supposed to?" I ask nervously as my Mom laughs lightly and walks over with tears building in the corners of her eyes.

"Dear, even if you were meant to be the center of the show, you would still steal it," she brushes my cheek with the back of her hand and kisses my forehead.

"She already has the world at her feet, what is there to steal?" I suddenly hear Dylan's voice and I whirl around in shock and joy. I find him standing excitedly in front of me as my dress flares around me and I race over to him, my arms out wide.

"Oh my God," I wrap my arms around his neck as he slips his arms around my waist and hugs me as tight as he can through my large and elegant dress.

"You look absolutely stunning, love," Dylan whispers into my ear, sweeping my heart up in one quick swoop and sending my mind into a tailspin of bliss. "Completely and utterly worth the overnight flight. You always will be." His breath tingles my ears as I let him hold me before I act on impulse and pull away just enough so I can push my lips up against his.

As soon as our lips connect, a tingle runs down my spine and he pulls me impossibly closer, using one arm to keep my waist steady and the other to hold the side of my face. Warmth and energy bursts into my veins as I hook one arm around his neck and run my other hand through his hair, not wanting to let go. His lips moved with mine with ease and we blended like the moon and the stars on a starry night. It just worked.

"Any longer and you'll miss the parade," Dylan whispers with a smile against my lips assuring moment runs a little longer and I groan. A smile plays across my lips as I finally pull away but then launch back in for another quick kiss.

"I wouldn't mind missing it, I would avoid the nervous breakdown I have afterward," I reply jokingly as Dylan plants his lips on mine again. I giggled against his lips and euphoria trickles into my brain like sand in a timer. A timer that was now broken and the sand was spilling out all over the place.

"I would mind. I wanna see how the crowd absolutely adores you," he whispers as he pulls me impossibly closer and his hand slides downs my back, sending a shiver of excitement running down my spine after his hand. He presses his forehead against mine and his breath tingles against my nose. We stay like that for a moment until reality slowly comes rushing back and I suddenly realize that Karma Boy might be watching.