chapter 31: small beacon of hope

Note: hello everyone i have not slept yet. Since i can't sleep i wrote this for ya'll. Anyway enjoy the story. ^-^
_______________________________________

Izuku was still in his bed curled up under the sheets trying to wrap his head around the idea that his own father is his idol. What Izuku couldn't understand was why his parents kept the All Might persona a secret from him for so long. Especially his mother that would get upset just talking about his dad. He was feeling extremely conflicted on the inside on the lines of being happy, angry and also sad.

However Izuku couldn't help but, feel a little angry that they never told him anything. He would have had felt a little less useless and alone. He new why they couldn't tell him but, they didn't have to keep it from him this long. Izuku kept thinking to himself and kept letting his thoughts run wild at every corner in his head till he got depressed. He felt like even more of a disappointment because he is All Mights quirkless child. The quirkless child of the number one hero he thought to himself. He felt like he had let his own dad down because he is quirkless and not to mention could ruin his dads image all over the world if anyone found that out.

Izuku grabbed his first All Might action figure and held it to his chest tightly. He closed his eyes and just listened to the ticking clock near his bed on the desk. Clearing his mind with the sound of the clock he drifted off to sleep for the morning that was to come when he'd have to meet his dad at the beach. There was still a small surge of excitement with in Izuku about finally training to become a hero. It was the small excitement that still gave him hope to keep going for his dreams. The small hope that made him know he is something more than just a quirkless person.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Inko had lead Toshi home after reminiscing about the past in the restaurant. Toshi couldn't believe his eyes when he saw their house. It had still looked the same. After all these years it still looked like home to him. Inko smiled at his surprised expression and opened the door with both them going inside.

"Izuku! We're home! I brought someone who you'd really like to see!" Inko called out but, Izuku is in to much of a deep sleep to hear her.

"Hmm.. thats weird. Usually he'd come rushing in here" Inko says worried slightly.

"He's probably not even here" Toshi inputs.

"No he'd tell me where he was going. Thats a golden rule you know" Inko states in a sharp tone.

"Lets check his room then. Oh wise powerful wife" Toshi jokingly says.

"Your darn right i am" Inko confidently states walking to Izuku's room and opening the door.

Toshi follows and peeks in, his expression softens with a smile immediately at how Izuku kept his All Might action figure. Toshi thought he was gonna cry to just seeing Izuku hugging the action figure while he was a sleep. Both parents quietly and slowly walk out. Inko softly closed the door behind her.

"I guess we'll tell him the whole story when he wakes up" Inko giggles.

"Yeah probably after he gets out of school tomorrow evening" Toshi says while following Inko back into the livingroom.

"I hope he can take it well. He's been through so much over the years. I just want him to be as happy as he used to be" Inko says in hopeful tone.

"He will. I'm sure of it" Toshi says before kissing Inko tenderly.

They both smiled at eachother and sat on the couch cuddling eachother while watching movies like old times.

_______________________________________

Note: hope you guys enjoyed this small chapter. Another update will be coming soon since i am on winter break. Also I'll be putting more of my art on here for the story, for everyone to enjoy. Anyway until next chapter. Stay tuned ^-^