Part 14

So the next day rolls around and all I am hearing about is that Asher is cheating on me with his other girlfriend. Now, I did know that Asher did date another girl this year, but he said that they broke up after he asked me out. That was all everyone was talking about ever since he asked my out. Everyone is saying that I'm his side chick. So I come up to Asher's locker to ask him about it. " Hey Asher! Can I ask you something!" " Oh hey April! What's up?" He says. " Well, have you heard what everyone has been talking about? Everyone is saying that you have been cheating on my with Jennifer." I say. " Jennifer? Really? I would never date her again. She would say things behind my back about me." He said. " Wow, really? Well I would never do that." I say. " I know you wouldn't. I got to go to class right now, but we'll talk later. And stop worrying about me cheating on you, ok?" " Ok, bye!"

So after first period, Asher walked me up to my next class, which happens to be right next to his next class. We both walk upstairs to our 2nd period class. " Asher, today is Wednesday, right?" " Yeah, Why?" " Because today I think is our one week anniversary!" I say. " Oh my, really? Oh that's so nice!" We walk up to his class and then right before he walks in, I say, " Oh and Asher? Thanks for dealing with me for a whole week." " It's my pleasure April. I'll see you at lunch!"

So when lunch comes around, I plop my huge binders on the table and I take my seat. I wait for Asher to come in so I can say hi. Everyone else comes in, Becca, Ashlyn Yenely and Jada all walk in. And then behind them, I see Asher. I get up to go talk to him and say hi but before I can get there, his ex, Jennifer starts talking to him. He tried to walk away, but she just kept on talking to him. I know I shouldn't have felt like this, but for the first time in my life, I was jealous. I could not believe myself. And at the same time, I remember that everyone is telling me that Asher is using me and cheating on me with the exact same girl he was talking to. Was this true? Was he really cheating on me and using me? No, he would never do that, right? But everyone almost has me convinced. I was so upset, I put my head down and I started to cry. I covered my head with my hood and I cried. As everyone approached the tables, they all asked me what was the matter. " You want to know what the matter is? Well my first boyfriend, Asher is cheating on me and using me!" As Asher comes up to the table he sits at his seat, but his friend Anthony starts talking to him. " Your so rude Asher!" Yenely says loudly. " What did I do!" Asher asks. As he says this, he sees me crying. " Oh April, what happened!" I try to tell him through my tears, but I can't get the words out. " Your what happened, Asher! You have been using my best friend for no reason! She deserves a way better boyfriend than you!" Becca yells at him. " Well, I could just apologize verbally, but actions speak louder than words." He says. " If I was using April, would I do this?" He puts his hand on my shoulder, bends down to my face and kisses my cheek. Oh, my, GAWD! Yet again, the entire cafeteria saw, so we were like the talk of the town the rest of the period. He whispers into my ear, " I would never use you. Do you trust me?" He says. I wipe away my tears and nod. I really do trust him. I just really hoped that it wasn't true what everyone was saying about us. And I'm happy that it wasn't true.