Part 17

I look over at Asher with panic in my eyes. " What is the matter?" He whispers to me. " I'm having an anxiety attack..." I whisper. Savanna and I are allowed back into the risers. I push the people on the risers out of the way. When I am in my spot on the risers, I dig my head into my sweatshirt although I keep a little piece of my eye out of the sweatshirt. I look down at Asher. Now he had panic in his eyes. He didn't know what to do. We sang for another 10 minutes and then Asher looks up at me. I look at him. He looks at the floor. I look at the ceiling. It has spots where when it rained the water came through. I looked at the beat up light. Lots of them didn't even have light covers anymore from the building's age. I look down back at Asher. I see him talking to one of the aids that was there to help out Mrs. Franklin. She motioned me to come over to her. I didn't move. I didn't want to move. I hate it when people know about my anxiety attacks. She motions me again. I finally walk over to her. As I walk past him, Asher gives my hand a little squeeze. The teacher takes me outside into the hallway. " Hey, why are you crying."She asks me. " I-I don't know?" I lie. She walks me to the bathroom. " Now, go and wash your face with cold water and then come back and rehearse." She says. I nod my head and I walk into the bathroom. I take a paper towel and run it under cold water and dab it on my face. I through it out and I look into the mirror. I push my medium length dark brown hair out of my eyes. My face was very red. I didn't feel that it complemented my light skin tone very well. My hazel eyes were also very red after all of my crying. I give my last big sigh and I leave the bathroom.

When I walk in, we they were in the middle of singing Silent Night. I quietly make my way back onto my spot onto the risers. When rehearsal was done, I went to Asher and I hugged him. I thank him probably about a million times. We got our books and we walked out together. We walked to our lockers, got our backpacks and we walked to our buses. I was so happy talking to him again because he made me feel so happy. I never wanted to leave his side. But we eventually came to a time where I had to go onto my bus. " Bye Asher, I love you so much." I say. " Bye April, I love you too. I'll see you on Monday."