Part 21

"Sooooooo April..." Kana says. "Now that your single, who do you like now?" " Ummm, nobody? Yeah right..." I reply unsure. And unsure I was. I have actually been thinking a lot about other guys ever since I broke up with Asher. And I think I have settled on a guy that I have noticed pretty much the whole time in sixth grade so far. I think I like, this guy named Michael. He is really nice, really tall, and really, REALLY cute. So I tell her I have noticed with this guy. Before I can finish my sentences, the 5th period bell rings. So we all rush off to lunch.
" YOU WHAT? REALLY??? OH MEH LORD!!!" My friend Julia screams. " Jeez, your so loud quiet down!" I say. " Sorry, but you like Michael! I can hook you guys up! I know him really well!" She says. " Oh, well actually, that would be really nice." I reply.
"Come on April, it's time to wake up!" It's my human alarm clock. My mother attempting to wake me up for school. "Uhhhhhgg!" I say loudly as I literally roll out of my bed. I really didn't want to go to school today but I never want to go to school any day.
I start splashing cold water on my face to try and wake me up. It really wasn't working. At all. My dark circles are really coming through this morning. Eventually I just gave up and hoped that makeup would help.
I when over to my makeup desk and hoped for the best. I put my creams all over my face, slapped it a few times to wake me up a little more, even though it wasn't working, put on a little concealer that was way too orange but hey, I'm getting ready in the dark, a deserve a little leniency. A few coats of mascara, I threw my hair up in a very messy high bun and I was out of the door.
When I reached the bus stop, I realized how crappy I looked. I was wearing my oversized black hoodie that I got at a resort in New Jersey, my old, light-wash jeans and my brown UGG's. Not to mention I had really oily hair that day which was the reason I threw it up, and my face makeup looked like a freakin' orange. So, even though my self-esteem level wasn't very high that day, I was very comfortable.
"APRIL!" Julia screamed in the hallway. I'm surprised she could recognize me with this getup I had on. " Oh my lord! Shut up! Your so loud, and yes?" I reply. " MICHAL LIKES YOU! LIKE, A LOT!!" She says,  even louder than before. But I didn't really care. "Excuse me? You have to be lying." "Nope. I talked to him this morning before he when into homeroom." She adds. "Oh, mah, GAWD!!! He seriously likes me?" I ask. " Well, ya...why would I lie about that? Btw, he's gonna ask you out today at lunch. K, thanks, byeeeeeee!" I don't even have time to comprehend what she is saying before she sprints off into her friend group. Well, depending how lunch goes, I'm probably going to have a boyfriend before 12:30.