Part 22

"Ok, 1st clarinets, trumpet, flute, and Alto saxophones, start at measure 24. Ok, we are in 4/4 time and in the key of A flat. One, two, three, four, go!"
That's all of my friends. Band nerds. All of us, Kana, Wendy, Lilly, and even Ari. We all put 110% into our instruments.
Kana plays the trumpet, Wendy plays flute, Lilly plays percussion, Ari also plays flute, and I play the clarinet. Surprisingly, we are all better that the seventh and eighth graders in our band. So I can tell, in my section, the eighth graders really don't like me. I'm not offended though.
If I had to pick one teacher that has really taught me something in sixth grade so far, it would be Mrs. Halversen. She is so inspirational. She is my band teacher. She has pushed me to the limits. She has taught me things that I never thought I could have done. And I thank her for that.
"Okay everyone, we are going to run the whole song and then you guys could pack up. One, two, three, two, two, three, three, two, three, four two, ready go!"
And before I knew it, band was over and I had to face lunch with Michal.
When I started walking to the cafeteria, I noticed my nervous habits were coming out. Like twisting my short brown hair, or picking at the side of my red band folder. I do things of that sort when I'm nervous. I also will either start talking really fast, or not talk at all. And right now, I'm not talking at all because I really am truly nervous. (My ilr friends don't rlly know all of this yet, but here we go.)
When I was dating Asher, I always noticed Michal. He has beautiful tan skin, dark, dark, fluffy brown hair, and one heck of a beautiful smile. His teeth are so perfect and white. So, I guess you could always say that I've liked Michal. But I never knew that he felt the same way about me. But he did. And now, I'm scared to death.
" Hey guys!" Becca just walked into the cafeteria. "How are things with you and Kevyn?" I ask. "Oh, him? We broke up. After two months." This came as a shock to me because they always looked like a perfect couple. I thought that they were never going to break up. "Oh, really? I'm sorry. But you'll find another guy soon enough."
I plop my books down at my usual seat at my usual table when I see out of the corner of my eye Michal walking into the cafeteria. I turn my head down all the way until my face is practically in the table. Again, I'm realizing that I look like crap today. And now I'm supposed to be asked out? Well, this is going to be interesting to watch, so get out your popcorn!