Chapter 1

Y/N 

I still remember that day clearly.....every night it comes back to me like a nightmare. The small fragile human getting pushed into my arms. Tears streaming down my face as I looked at her....Doctors storming in from everywhere trying everything they could to keep her alive. The look in her eyes she gave me made me break inside. She knew she wasn't going to make it. She smiled at me and took one last look at her child before speaking. 

''Take care of Minjoon'' the heart monitor going flat drummed through my ears as my mother collapsed to the ground. It's a day I wish to forget, but whenever I look at him it all just comes back. 

''Eomma'' I snapped out of my daze feeling Minjoon his tiny hand tug on my jacket. 

''Ah Minjoon- ah what did I say about calling me eomma'' I pointed out making him look at the ground. 

''Not to call you that....'' He muttered softly making me nod my head. 

''Noona it's Noona'' I joked before pinching his cheek. He sure grew up a lot...Wish you could be here to see that. 

~~A LITTLE BURDEN~~

My name is Y/N I'm 24 years old and a university student, because of some 'problems' I couldn't attend university at the age I wanted to start but hey luckily I'm here now!

At the moment I'm living alone together with my sister her son Minjoon. My sister died after giving birth to her son so my mother and I got custody over her child. My sister her boyfriend hasn't been in the picture during the beginning of her pregnancy she was all alone. 

Our father lost his life in a car accident when I was 4 years old so that left only my mother and I. We are originally from Gwangju, but I moved to Seoul so I could attend the university I wanted to go too. 

I have to admit my life at the moment is a complete struggle..... My mother still lives in Gwangju and was a seamstress, around 3 years ago she has stopped working due to rheumatism. Right now she receives money from the government for her living expenses. Half of it she sends to me for Minjoon and me. I do feel uneasy living far away from her because I can't easily keep an eye on her. But luckily I have a lot of relatives taking care of her. 

Right now Minjoon is already at the age of 5. The money that I receive from my mother, unfortunately, isn't enough to pay for my apartment, university fees, Minjoon his school and all the other things. So I got myself a full-time night job at a bar.  And on top of that, I am a freelance model. 

It's hard because when I go to work I need someone to watch over Minjoon. The thing is my job starts at 11 pm and usually ends in the morning around 6 am, but during the time I'm at work there could be cases when Minjoon might wake up at night. I always feel uneasy just leaving the house with him in it alone. Fortunately, I have my high school friend Hoseok who helps me out. He is always the one who stays with Minjoon when I'm not around. 

About the fact that my sister died...Minjoon knows. My mother and I have been very open with him from the start. Although he is just a 5-year-old boy he actually is a smart little man. He knows that in fact, I'm actually his aunt. Because I have been with him since birth he sees me as his mother in some way and sometimes calls me that. I always scold him telling him to call me Noona. My mother once asked me why I did that...

It's because although he never knew his mother I don't want him to forget her. I don't want him to replace me in his thoughts with her. I don't want to take my sister her place.....

''Okay let's get you to school!'' I shouted excited while starting the engine of my tiny old Toyota. My routine usually goes like this. I make breakfast in the morning for the both of us and get Minjoon ready for school, I drop him off at school and then head to university. After I'm done I hurry up and pick Minjoon up. We head home and I spent time with him there and prepare dinner. After I made him ready for bed I will tug him in and wait for him to fall asleep. By that time it's already time for me to head to work. I go to work once I get off I arrive home early in the morning and try to get a bit of sleep before starting the usual routine again. 

The whole thing is no one knows about my actual lifestyle. Except for My mother and Hoseok everyone in my class just sees me as a weird person I think...

--------------------------------------------------------------

''Y/N you're late.....again'' The teacher sighed making me bow my head. Well, of course, the class wasn't surprised by this... I took my seat at the back of the classroom and opened my book trying to focus on the lecture, but as usual, I dozed off to dreamland due to the lack of sleep. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook

'' Woow can you believe it she is sleeping again'' My friend Doyoung spoke while slapping the side of my arm to catch my attention. 

''Well not that it's something new'' Woosung spoke from behind us leaning over his table to join in on the conversation. I didn't say anything and just looked at her seeing her head laying flat on the table, her hair completely covering her face. 

''Ya I bet she is that type of girl who plays those virtual dating games till 6 in the morning'' Doyoung joked making Woosung burst out in laughter. He slapped his shoulder wanting to add something to it. 

''Yeah I'm sure her room is filled with posters of anime dudes and body pillows'' Both of them tried hard to keep in their laughter while I focused back on taking notes of the lecture. 

''Ah Jungkook is as boring as ever'' I heard Woosung mutter as a joke while he lightly slapped the back of my neck before sitting properly in his seat again. 

''Don't blame him. Being the future heir of a famous company takes a lot of energy'' Doyoung replied turning his body slightly backward to properly talk to Woosung. 

''Yeah our Jungkookie is working hard isn't he'' Woosung commented while shortly massaging my shoulders. 

''Oh yeah! My mom is launching her new collection soon you guys are invited to the fashion show'' Doyoung spoke making me look up. 

''Congratulations I will make sure to be there'' I smiled seeing him shuffle in his seat.

''Ahhh you're so cute!'' He squealed while starting to pinch my cheeks.

''Knock it off hyung!'' I shouted a bit too loud alarming the teacher. 

''Guys....'' she sighed making us smile awkwardly before bowing our heads. She was about to continue until she noticed Y/N sleeping once again. 

Everyone knows what's going to happen right now. The teacher will slam her book on Y/N her desk. Y/N will wake up in shock and wipe the drool away from the side of her face and bow her head. 

And just as I said so it happened.