Chapter 31

-Y/N's POV-

''Uhm would you like something to drink?'' I asked seeing Jungkook his mom take a seat on the couch. My heart just wouldn't stop beating as if it was going to explode. His mom is here!! but why....?

''Some tea will do, thank you'' she smiled kindly making me turn towards the kitchen. From the stories Jungkook told me his parents sounded really strict, but he always mentioned his dad...I haven't really heard him talk much about his mom and seeing how she is right now she actually seems like a very kind person. 

''I'm so sorry Jungkook-ah'' I could hear her trembling voice speak as I was preparing her tea. When I retrieved back to the living room I could see her looking at her hands that were shaking on her laps while she was shedding tears. Just looking at Jungkook his expression I could see he was getting emotional but just trying to hold it in. I placed the tea in front of her on the coffee table before handing her some napkins. 

She looked up at me smiling as she did before taking the napkins gently from me and wiping her tears.

 ''We didn't know you were feeling like that. We thought that we wanted was what you wanted as well, but it's just selfish to think like that. I truly am sorry dear for all of this. Especially how it went yesterday.'' Jungkook's mother slightly bent forward reaching for Jungkook his hands with a smile as I seated next to him. 

''You know that no matter what decisions you make....I will always support you. No matter what....I'm sorry for thinking so selfishly. I never asked how you felt about all the decisions we made and just wanted you too foolishly follow them. Just like how my parents raised me, but I don't want to be like that. Your my precious son and I want you to live a happy life, doing what you want and marrying who you love'' As she spoke her last words her gaze shifted to me with a smile making my hands turn sweaty. 

''Thank you...'' Jungkook muttered softly but we could all hear the shaking in his voice. His mom got off her seat only to take him into a tight embrace and seeing him hug her back like a child made me tear up.

''You know your father...he will be acting mad about this for a long time, but he just has to accept your choice. He needs to understand that we can't be shoving these things like that on you.'' his mother continued as she pulled out of the hug only to dry Jungkook his tears. Jungkook nodded and his mother ended the conversation with a smile. In the end, she was here with a good purpose. 

''So.....Y/N was it? I heard about you'' she grinned making my eyes widen. 

''Me?'' I asked while nervously shifting in my seat.

''Yeah you probably know Jungkook his friend Doyoung. His mother and I are close friends. Recently she told me about a classmate of her son that helped her out during one of her catwalks. She was really impressed about you and just wouldn't stop talking about how a great job you did that day'' Hearing the compliments I received  I couldn't help but smile shyly.

''I don't think she is going to let go of you'' Mrs. Jeon added.

''Yeah actually just recently I sighed a contract with her...I will be becoming a new model of her agency, but for now I'm just taking it slow'' I smiled seeing her eyes widen. 

''Look at that. Well congratulations'' She cheered before taking a hold of her cooled down tea and taking a sip. 

As she was drinking I could see her eyes scanning around the room. They soon turned into curiosity when she saw the pictures that I have framed of Minjoon and my family. Jungkook looked at me in a nervous way seeing his mom stand up from her spot. On one of the dressers, there was a picture of Minjoon and me that we took last year during his birthday. 

''Is this your son?'' she asked making Jungkook almost choke on his spit. Well, it's not like he didn't think that the first time. 

''Ah no....he is my sister her son'' I smiled seeing her nod. 

''He looks adorable......but I don't really see pictures of her on he-'' She stopped her own sentence probably figuring out the situation by now. She turned around with a sad expression making me nod. 

''My sister died shortly after giving birth to him. So I have been taking care of him ever since'' I explained. Her eyes only saddened more while she walked her way towards me. 

''What about the father?'' She asked seating next to me. 

''Her boyfriend left her even during her pregnancy, it wasn't really a good relationship....So my mother and I got custody over him. My mother fell ill with Rheumatism and I had to move here to Seoul for my education. So I decided to take him with me while my mother could stay back in our hometown in Gwangju together with my aunt'' I spoke. I decided to tell the full story in one go hoping she would understand everything. Her hands reached for mine caressing my palms.

''I'm sure it's hard taking care of a child while you're only a child yourself. Making sure to have a roof above your head and bread on your plate while attending a university'' Hearing her say that only made me nod. She understood everything so well. She slightly leaned forward with the most caring smile I ever saw.

''You're a really strong woman...if you ever need anything just contact me'' she spoke softly making me chuckle. 

''That's very kind of you Mrs. Jeon'' I replied. Shortly after she stood up from her seat smiling down at both Jungkook and me.

''Well I should get going right?'' She spoke making me stand up in a hurry.

''Why don't you stay for dinner? Minjoon will be joining us as well'' I asked. I just want to get to know Jungkook his mother better. She seems like a very kind and understanding person and she even makes me think of my own mother. 

''Can I? I have an appointment in a bit, but I will make sure to be back before dinner time.'' she almost sounded like an excited child. 

''Yes please do come!'' I smiled. Shortly after we all said our goodbyes and Jungkook his mom left. I instantly turned around grabbing my bag. Jungkook followed behind me and it didn't take long before I was shoving his jacket and shoes into his hands. 

''Come on let's do some grocery shopping for tonight'' I smiled feeling excited already.

''Aren't you getting a bit too excited?'' He asked with a grin on his face. I turned around looking at him seeing him smile. He was totally happy about the fact that his mother and I get along.

''I just want your mom to have great dinner tonight'' I spoke seeing him nod. 

''I'm glad she came....it's good to know that she does really care about you'' I added turning the topic. Jungkook nodded but I could see his expression turn a bit gloomy.

''Only my father...'' He muttered. I reached for his face trapping his cheeks between my hands caressing it gently.

''It's just a slap in his face right now. He just needs time to take everything in and try to understand. I'm sure that right now he is mad, but eventually, he will understand everything just like your mother does'' I spoke trying to encourage him. He nodded with a smile before taking my hand in his. 

''Let's do some groceries'' he chuckled before pulling me with him outside.

-TBC-