Chapter 20

-Y/N's POV-

Once he noticed that I woke up he gently placed me down on the ground his arm still wrapped around my waist to keep me steady.

''Do you have the key?'' He asked and I didn't have to think long before shaking my head. 

''My...purse'' I muttered slowly before yawning a bit.

''Oh it's in the car. I will be right back.'' And with that said Jungkook quickly left heading back to the car.

-------------------------------------------

''I was supposed to pick up Minjoon.....'' I muttered softly rubbing my forehead as I plopped myself on the couch.

''It's pretty late right now. He is at Hoseok Hyung his place, right? I think they are already sleeping.'' Jungkook replied making me nod. 

''Thank you for dropping me off'' I smiled raising to my feet again. I walked up to Jungkook removing his blazer from my shoulders handing it to him.

''You should head home it's late'' I spoke. He grabbed the blazer in his hands looking at it for some time.

''Do you.....want me to stay?'' He questioned taking me a bit off guard. Why did my heart suddenly start to race hearing him say that? I chuckled while lightly shaking my head.

''You should go. I don't want your dad to spam you with calls again'' I was trying to joke with him but instead, his expression turned disappointed.

He sighed before stepping closer his eyes averting from his shoes to my eyes. Feeling my hands beginning to slightly tremble due to nervousness I gulped and looked back into his eyes.

''Guess I will head home then'' he muttered making me nod. Silence fell as he was still looking at me and me to him. The only sound catching our ears was the soft ticking noise of the clock on the wall. 

''Y/N you....'' Jungkook began to speak his hand slowly moving towards my face. I stayed in my place curiosity filling wanting to know what he wanted to say. Once his fingers brushed against my cheek he softly smiled at me.

''Look really pretty today....'' I felt my face heat up and pressed my lips into a thin line trying not to smile like an idiot right now. I scoffed while pushing his chest making him stumble away from me.

''Yah did you get into a fight with your parents or something? Complimenting me in the hope that you can stay here and don't have to head home'' I joked folding my arms making him actually laugh this time.

''Maybe......'' he muttered but hearing the tone in his voice it didn't sound like a joke. 

''D-Did you really get into a fight?'' I asked my hands already unfolding seconds after I folded them. Once again a deep sigh left his mouth while he straightened his back. 

''I just want to be with someone who makes me happy right now. Once I go home I will have to put a fake smile on my face again, have to do things I don't even want to, gotta hear things I don't want to hear, meet people that I don't want to meet......'' Hearing what he said made me confused. I don't know anything about Jungkook his life other than that he is the heir to his parent's company. At these moments I just feel the gap between us. Jungkook knows so much about me yet I know so little about him. 

''What about Joontae?'' I asked referring to Jungkook his little brother. 

''Joontae is the most precious person in my life. And if I don't do what I need to do he will be taken away from me...'' he spoke once again making me confused.

Who would take Joontae away from Jungkook? Is that even possible it's his little brother by blood.

I stayed quiet not knowing what to say but I could feel myself sadden because of the situation...I wonder what Jungkook is going through.

''I'm only making you confused am I not?'' he smiled softly. Once I nodded he slightly cracked up.'

''Kinda.....'' I muttered softly. 

''Do you wanna talk about it?'' I asked carefully seeing him fix his collar. 

''Not really....'' he smiled gently but yet it felt like a stab in my heart. Guess Jungkook and I think differently about each other. To me, he has become someone I want to tell my burdens too, someone who I feel I can truly trust and rely on. But it seems I'm not that kind of person to him.......

''I should get going....'' he muttered and I didn't say a thing and just nodded, my eyes focused on my fingers.

''Guess... I will see you at school. Goodnight'' and with that, he left. Why did it seem that there suddenly started to build a barrier between us two? Just like that in a couple of minutes...?

-END Y/N's POV-

-----------------------------------------------

- Jungkook's POV-

''How was the fashion show?'' My dad asked from his seat as soon as I entered the living room, his eyes focused on a piece of paper he was reading. 

''It was..nice'' I replied shortly. Soon my mother joined us with a tray of coffee and cookies for my father. 

''I talked to Doyoung his mother today she told me about a nice girl that modeled for her today. Apparently, she is you guys classmate.'' My mom smiled fondly while serving my father. My eyes slightly widened hearing her mention Y/N but I only nodded.

''Talking about nice girls. We have arranged a meeting for you on Wednesday. What I have heard she is very nice and elegant. Her parents are also very kind people'' My mom began speaking excitedly. 

''Where is Joontae?'' I asked dodging the question. My mom slightly looked shocked before looking at the stairs.

''In his room sleeping but hone-'' Not letting her finish her sentence I made my way to the stairs until my father began to speak.

''Jungkook you have a meeting Wednesday didn't you hear your mom?'' My father spoke making me stop in my tracks his voice sounded annoyed like usual. 

''I heard it the first time'' I replied. Slightly looking back over my shoulder I could see the glare in his eyes as he looked away from his paper to me.

''Don't screw it up this time'' he ordered and without replying I made my way upstairs. I carefully entered Joontae his room heading towards his bed. He really is sleeping. 

My eyes softened and I felt my body relax admiring his sleeping face. 

''Joontae'' I muttered softly my fingers carefully brushing through his hair. Of course, I wouldn't get a reply, Joontae always sleeps so deep. I was starting to get lost in my thoughts and it eventually brought me to Y/N..........

''Everything would be so much easier if I didn't have fall for her......'' I muttered to myself entangling my mind with concerns. 

-TBC-