Chapter 7

Y/N

Everything started to make sense as if the missing puzzle piece was found and brought everything together.

''Now that I understand it it's so easy..'' I muttered to myself while focusing on my work and taking some notes to go through at home. The time passed by quicker than I expected and right now I should really head home. 

''It's a good thing that we bumped into each other here'' Jungkook responded making me look up at him. It's weird......how Jungkook and I suddenly start to bump into each other all the time. First at work and now here. The question is why?

''Yeah......why are you actually at this library? If I'm correct you don't live near here at all''I asked. One thing I do know is that Jungkook and his friends live close to each other and one of them lives in Sinsang- dong. But the thing is that is totally not near here, in fact, it's pretty far away from here. So if Jungkook lives near his friends.....then how come he came to this library and not one close to his own house?

-----------------------------------------------------

Jungkook

I felt my face heat up and once again my mind was searching for a lie to tell. I thought Y/N was a pretty dumb person....guess I'm totally wrong.

''Ah that is because..I was planning on visiting someone who lives nearby here. But the plans got canceled so I decided to study a bit before I would head back home.'' Without any break, I planted my lie and by the look on her face, she actually believed me. Jungkook you're such a great liar.

''Ah okay...well thank you for helping me I appreciate it a lot. I should be heading home now.'' As she was talking she already stood up from her spot and started packing her stuff. Without even thinking I also stood up wanting to go as well. But why.....did I wanted to stay with her a bit longer?

''I can walk you home'' I blurted out having myself restrain from slapping myself right after. She shoots me a confused look while tilting her head a bit to the side thinking.

''No thanks'' she replied making me just nod like an idiot. 

''Well I see you at school I guess'' she waved before turning her back to me and heading out of the building. Before I know it my feets followed her way allowing us to walk together on the streets. It stayed silent between us but I could see her occasionally glancing up at me.

''D-Do you need to head this way as well?'' She finally asked carefully. Why the hell am I even following her? 

''Oh yeah. That friend of mine who I had plans with just texted me. So I'm heading there right now'' Once again I lied. I grabbed my phone acting as if I was messaging my so-called friend back to inform that I was on my way. Y/N just nodded her head not saying anything while continuing to walk...

''Is the little guy waiting for you at home?'' I asked trying to start up a conversation. Her eyes were focused on the road ahead of us but I could see them begin to sparkle once I mentioned Minjoon. She smiled as she began to talk.

''Ah unfortunately not today. He is staying over at a friend's house.'' She smiled yet her voice sounded sad. I guess he is staying over at Hoseok's place then? 

''Is he your little brother?'' I continued to ask about Minjoon. She shook her head finally her eyes meeting mine.

''He is my nephew'' she answered. To be honest I was pretty shocked that she is actually telling me the truth right now. I just nodded my head and both of us continued to walk. Once Y/N turned around the corner I did too following her like an obedient dog.

''I have been wondering something'' She spoke making my eyes widen. She is talking to me, right?

''The other day at the bar. What did you mean with boyfriend?'' Hearing how she brought that moment up I could feel my ears turn red. I was so convinced that Minjoon was her son that I said some stupid stuff to her.

''Ah that! It's a misunderstanding....you see I thought Minjoon was your son. So I thought you know that your boyfriend should not let you work such a late job when you have school and a child to take care of. It was just stupid please forget what I said that day'' I spoke as fast as I could trying to explain myself. I could feel myself catching for breath and suddenly....she laughed. Y/N burst out in laughter covering her mouth with one of her hands as she did so. 

''It's okay...don't worry about it'' she spoke through her laughter while stopping in her tracks. I stopped walking as well focusing on her as she seemed she had something to say.

''Jungkook I know that you are not heading to that so-called friend right now. I don't know if you had a bet with one of your friends or something to get close to me or something, but you can stop interacting and acting nice to me...But still, thank you for helping me study.'' Before I could reply to what she said she lightly punched my chest with a smile tugged on her face.

''I'll see you in class'' she spoke before leaving. This time I didn't follow her. A bet? Ah, I'm sure she thinks I'm doing this because of a bet. I mean I understand that she thinks it's off...I was never interested in her until recently. And now I'm fully interacting with her and wanting to know her more. It's only normal for her to think one of the boys dared me too. Those make her fall in love with you kind of things..?

I wonder too why am I doing this? Why is it right now? I mean if I'm being honest with myself she has always caught my interest. But I was more into focusing on my dad his company. I always just believed those ridiculous rumors that people spread about her. Until I saw her that night working at the bar. It was that time when my eyes weren't interested in my work anymore but on her.