24

luke sat next to calum in the dressing room, putting his head in his hands and calum patted his back in comfort.

"what's up lukey?" calum asked. luke looked at him and shook his head, running his hand through his hair.

"ley." he whispered. "she's been off with me ever since her birthday, what have i done, cal?! why did I have to go and kiss her?!" he ranted. "now the fans won't shut up about it, she barely speaks to me, like i know she's stressed about exams but she's not like that because of them, it's because of me! it's because of fucking me!" luke through his phone across the room in anger.

"luke, calm down!" calum said in shock. "it's not your fault, okay, maybe you rushed it a little but you both have feelings for each other, she's just coming to terms with it, things will work out! and if you want i can talk to her?"

luke looked at calum, thinking about it before nodding his head. he stands up and goes over to his phone to see that the screen is smashed. he kicks it under the chair and walks off. he was angry at himself.

- - -

calum: hey leyla

leyla: hey

calum: how you doing?

leyla: im okay

calum: yeah?? how's your exams going?

leyla: could be better but could be worst

calum: that's alright then

leyla: i guess

calum: want to tell me what's wrong?

leyla: nothing is wrong

calum: i know that's not true

leyla: oh do you know?

calum: yes, just remember who my best friend is

leyla: right

calum: you can talk to me about it

leyla: i just, idk, im just confused about everything

calum: and that's making you push luke away?

leyla: i don't want to, he means so much to me cal, but it's just my defence mechanism and fuck

leyla: is he okay?

calum: he thinks he's fucked up bad

calum: he's pretty angry

leyla: fuck fuck fuck

calum: hey don't worry about it, ill reassure him you're okay and you just want to focus on exams, okay?? we will sort it once you're done

leyla: thank you, tell him i love him okay?

calum: you love him?

leyla: as a best friend cal, im not there yet

calum: oh right yeah ofc

leyla: good luck in your show tonight

calum: thanksssss see you soon ley ley xxxxxxx

leyla: see you xxxxxxxxx

- - -

"luke, want to know what she said?" calum asks luke who was now sat on the sofa, with an angry look on his face, drinking a beer.

"not really, but sure." he sighs, taking another swig of his drink.

"she doesn't mean to do this, it's her way of coping and she wants to sort it out but needs to focus on exams and she wanted me to say that she loves you."

"thank you." luke mutters. he was somewhat relieved but still really angry at himself for causing this mess in the first place.

"that's alright, now go get ready!" luke heads over to his crate with his clothes in and pulls out his red shirt, changing into it. he fixes his hair and puts on his leather jacket.

the four boys head towards the stage, picking up their instruments. luke wasn't in the mood to perform but knew he had to get over it and do it.

the crowd starts to scream and the head onto the stage, starting to sing.

-

it was nearing the end of the show when the crowded starting to chant 'sing wherever you are' over and over, causing the boys to laugh and roll their eyes.

"alright, alright, we will do it, just for you! don't expect it to be great because we haven't played it in years!" michael laughed, causing the crowd to cheer.

the four of them take a second to work out the cords before they start to play.

luke sang and started to tear up, only being able to thing about leyla throughout the whole thing. before the fans could notice he turned away and walked over to ashton and played there, calum taking over with the singing.

"i can't do this." luke mouthed to ashton.

"yes you can." ashton mouthed back. "you can do it, we're almost done, don't blow it now." luke tries to compose himself.

- - -

5sosupdates:
5sos played wherever you are tonight in glasgow !!
video attached
98 retweets | 178 likes
24 Apr 18 10:01pm

5sosupdates:
luke was tearing up throughout wherever you are!
76 retweets | 123 likes
24 Apr 18 10:03pm

loving5sossss:
@ 5sosupdates do we think it's about that girl??
3 retweets | 11 likes
24 Apr 18 10:04pm

angelsos:
@ fivesauceloveee is luke crying over you?
6 retweets | 11 likes
24 Apr 18 10:04pm

ashtonio:
@ fivesauceloveee what's up with you n luke???
2 retweets | 3 likes
24 Apr 18 10:06pm

calumsoss:
@ fivesauceloveee you can't stay hiding
0 retweets | 7 likes
24 Apr 18 10:06pm

fivesauceloveee:
if everyone could leave me alone that would be great, thanks. none of this is your business, leave me and the boys alone.
49 retweets | 76 likes
24 Apr 18 10:09pm