35

leyla woke up suddenly, jumping up, her head pounding and confused as to where she was. the events of last night came back quickly and she was crying again.

wiping away her tears she changes into the top and joggers calum left on the bed for her and heads downstairs where calum was with michael and ashton.

"hey!" ashton smiles, giving her a hug. not wanting to let go, she hesitantly sat down at the breakfast bar in the kitchen next to michael.

"pancakes?" calum asks from the counter where he was serving up pancakes on several plates. she nods her head and he hands her some. the boys go back to talking, noticing that she didn't feel like talking. "fancy doing anything today, ley ley?"

"has luke said anything?" she asks quietly, ignoring calum's question.

"he called you a lot last night and texted. you're phone is upstairs next to the bed. he wanted to come over today but i said no." calum explained.

"thank you." leyla whispers, going back to her pancakes. finishing up quickly, she leaves the kitchen without a word and heads back upstairs to calum's room.

"what do we do?" calum asks the boys quietly.

"one of us needs to talk to luke." ashton says, shovelling food into his mouth. "ill head to his today, maybe get some of leyla's stuff if she wants. you two look after her."

"okay." calum agrees.

upstairs, leyla picks up her phone and looks at the multiple messages from luke. she unlocks it to read them through, not sure what to do with herself.

- - -

luke: ley, where are you?

luke: are you still at the party?? im so sorry i disappeared

luke: just been told you saw what happened

luke: i know i screwed up big time, you need to let me explain okay?? because i don't want to hurt you but i did didn't i?? this wasn't meant to happen. i was supposed to look after you. i was supposed to be the one to show you how great the world can be.

luke: but of fucking course i screwed up

luke: please just let me explain

luke: you mean the world to me and i can't lose you

luke: you're obvs not going to answer so ill come see you in the morning

luke: i am so so sorry

leyla: please leave me alone.

- - -

"leyla?" calum calls, walking into the room, causing her to jump. he walks over to he and gives her a hug, squeezing her tight. "me and mike are going to hang out with you today, is there anything you want to do?"

"i don't know. i just feel so shitty and not feeling like anything." she mumbles into his chest.

"i know. just thought we could take your mind off of it?" she nods her head agreeing. "movie day? lots of junk food?"

"that sounds great." she admits.

calum leads leyla back downstairs and into the living room where michael was waiting. on the coffee table was several bags of sweets, crisps and chocolates along with alcohol. leyla seats herself in between the two boys and snuggles under a blanket.

"what do you want to watch?" michael asks.

"something girly and sappy and that i can cry to." following her instructions, michael puts on the notebook and puts his arm around her, comforting her.

ashton gets to luke's and let's himself in, going straight up to his room where he was in his bed, half asleep, eyes puffy and clothes everywhere.

"what are you doing?" luke groans as ashton opens the curtains and dumps himself on the bed next to luke.

"want to tell me what the fuck happened?" ashton says sternly.

"i don't fucking know!" luke shouts, chucking a pillow on the floor. "i was just talking to that girl and we were having a laugh and she was great but no leyla. and then she started touching my arm and for some reason i didn't stop her and then she kissed me and i kissed her back and then i realised that she wasn't leyla and so i stopped her and told her to back off and then i went to find leyla and she was nowhere. what the fuck did i do, ash?" luke starts crying, pulling at his hair in anger.

"why didn't you stop her?"

"you know when you're so drunk, everything's a blur and you don't feel everything that's happening? it was that, ash. and in my head it was just leyla, leyla, leyla. and then she kissed me and i knew it wasn't leyla but i just, blacked out and couldn't move away."

"you've got some fucking work to do to make it up to leyla." ashton admits. "you're a fucking idiot and she's a mess."

"i know i am. i need to see her." luke tries to persuade ashton.

"you're not seeing her luke. she needs time."