27

it was nearing the end of the flight and leyla had been sat with her brother for the whole time, talking about basically everything they had time for in the last 10 years. they had exchanged numbers and it turned out he lived in london so wasn't far away.

she walked with her brother to the exit of the airport, his girlfriend and son following on behind. once, out into the arrivals area she spots luke quickly and runs over, jumping into his arms.

"hey, ley!" he laughs, holding onto her.

"hey!" she smiles, letting go and looking behind her to see spence standing awkwardly. "um, so this is spence." spence walks over and shakes luke's hand.

"hi." spence says, nervous of what luke was going to say.

"alright." luke muttered, clearly not very happy with him,

"um, leyla, we need to head off, okay? but stay safe and ill text you, okay? and luke, look after her because we all know i failed." spence says, hugging leyla.

"of course i will." leyla hugs the three of them and her and luke head off to the car. "so, your mood changed?"

"we spent the whole flight talking. at the end of the day, he's my brother luke and i need all the family i can get." leyla says, leaning into luke, his arm around her waist.

luke sighs and mutters a 'i guess' before kissing the top of her head. they reach the car and luke opens the door for leyla, shutting it behind her and placing the suitcase in the boot before getting in himself. he gets in and just looks at leyla, not believing that she was really there and not leaving him again for a long time and in that moment he knew he was head over heels for this girl and just wanted to kiss her, but he had to wait until it was right.

"im so excited to see the boys!" leyla smiles, as luke pulls out of the car park.

"more excited than you were to see me?" luke jokes. leyla plays along and nods her head, laughing causing luke to pout.

"joking lukey!" luke laughs and places his hand on her thigh, leyla grabbing it and holding onto it. "so, how have you filled your time waiting for me?"

"ive been sat impatiently watching the clock. everything is all about you, isn't it?" luke laughs causing leyla to pout this time.

"you bet it is."

the two of them soon arrive at the hotel and they head in, hand in hand, luke holding leyla's suitcase. reaching the penthouse suite, luke unlocks the door to the boys sat on the sofas watching the television.

"hey guys!" leyla smiles, letting go of luke. she hugs each of them one by one and then sits down beside calum.

"how was your flight?" ashton asks.

"definitely interesting." leyla answers whilst luke squeezes in beside her so that she is now sandwiched between him and calum. he wraps his arm around her and she leans her head on his shoulder causing the boys to share some looks between them. "how have you guys been enjoying the tour?"

"loving it! nothing better than being on that stage!" calum answers, smiling.

- - -

leyla was falling asleep on luke so he decides to call it a night a takes her to his room. she ruffles through her suitcase, looking for her pyjamas and her wash bag, heading into the bathroom to get herself ready.

she walks back out to luke already in bed, topless. she climbs in next to him and snuggles up into his chest.

"alright, gorgeous?" luke mumbles, burying his head into her hair, smelling her shampoo.

"mhm." she hums, wrapping her arm round him tightly. "i missed you."

"i missed you more." he mumbles again, smiling slightly. leyla lifts her head to look at luke properly and he tucks her hair behind her ear so he could see her full face. "you're so beautiful." he mutters. she smiles, feeling her face go red causing luke to laugh. "i really want to kiss you."

"then kiss me." she answers, surprised at herself for saying that so quickly. luke lifts his head up to reach her lips and presses his own to hers. he guides her head down with his so that his head is back resting on the pillow. the kiss was slow but so full of meaning. they had both thought about this moment, longing to be back in each other's arms. leyla pulls away and rolls away from luke, lying on her back.

"you okay?" luke asks, scared he had messed up again.

"yeah." she smiles, rolling onto her side to face him.

"i was so scared to rush you." he admits, running his hand along her waist.

"i know, im sorry im so difficult."

"you're really not difficult, you've just been through a lot." he reassures her, moving closer. she places her hand on his cheek before leaning into kiss him. luke smiles, glad that she's wanting this as much as he is. "you're so amazing."

"that's you, lukey." they kiss one more time then she places her head on luke's chest, her hand running up and down his stomach.