40

the last leg of the tour had ended and everyone was back home in la safe and sound. luke and calum were yet again not talking and the whole band seemed divided and leyla felt very much responsible as they were alright before she came along.

she was getting ready to meet up with crystal - michael's new girlfriend. she was in need of a girl's chat as she was getting sick of being with luke 24/7. it wasn't that she didn't love him, just spending that much time together with someone will make you go slightly insane.

"bye babe." luke mumbles, strumming on his guitar, not really looking at leyla. he had been so focused on music recently and not her, it was his way of getting away from everything and everyone was very stressed out. she kisses his forehead and leaves, making her way to crystal's place.

"hey, gorg!" crystal smiles, opening her door. "come on in. i have made us some cocktails because i think we need some alcohol." leyla laughs and agrees, sitting at the large island in her kitchen. "so talk to me, how's luke?"

"he's okay i guess. i mean in terms of the two of us, we're great, as long as we get a chance alone, you know? he's always very distracted though and i think not talking to the boys is really affecting him."

"yeah, michael is the exact same. maybe we should double date and get them together, then the rest can fall into place?" crystal suggests.

"that sounds like a great idea!" leyla gushes, swigging her cocktail. "it's my brothers wedding soon and i need luke happier than he is now otherwise what is everyone going to think."

"we will sort it, i promise."

the girls continue the night, drinking a lot of cocktails and gossip the whole way. this was the first proper girl friend that leyla has had and she loves it. eventually it gets to 1am and leyla's phone won't stop ringing.

"luke, oh my god, calm down." she slurs down the phone, finally picking it up on the 5th call.

"are you drunk? ive been worried ley." he sighs. he was annoyed.

"you know where i am. get over it!" she fights back. "i am having fun."

"okay." and with that luke hangs up the phone and heads on over to crystal's, not liking the sound of the state leyla is in. he knocks on the door and as soon as it opens he barges in and finds leyla on the sofa, barely conscious. "what the fuck, crystal?!"

"oh relax, lucas. she needed some drinks." luke picks up leyla and takes her to the car, not saying a word to the much more sober crystal. he drives her home and pops her into bed.

"lukkkeeeee, i love youuuuuu." leyla whines.

"i know, baby. i love you too. drink some water then go to sleep, okay?" luke says handing her a glass of water.

"but i want you."

"im right here, darling. drink up and ill get into bed with you." she does as she's told and finishes the water and snuggles into bed. luke gets in himself and spoons her, holding her as close as he can.

"im sorry luke." she mumbles, slowly falling asleep.

"what for?"

"causing you and the boys to fight, it's all my fault." and with that she's asleep. luke lays awake, not being able to fall asleep himself, only being able to think about the past couple of weeks and what happened with the boys.

after luke and calum made up, they got on with the tour like normal but only after about of week of being friends, calum made another move on leyla which luke witnessed, beat calum up and then when ashton tried to break it up, started fighting with him instead. luke and calum havent spoken since. luke and ashton have only said very few words and luke and michael, they're okay. but all of them needed a bit of a break. and as hard as they're all finding it, none of them want to make the first move to make up.

luke loves leyla with all his heart and hates the thought of anyone else with her - the fact this his best friend is making a move makes it even worst, how is one supposed to deal with that.