Chapter 1

"This can't happen, Ashton," the girl said whilst nervously fidgeting around with her ring, the ring she never took off, the ring she got from Jack to their one-year anniversary.

"Why not? We were all just waiting for this to happen one day. You had a crush on him when you were younger, does it really surprise you that does feelings are back again, now that you are living with him and he is really protective over you?"

"But I was over it!" Macey exclaimed and sat down on her bed sighing.

"You were, but this is all back again, Mace."

"I'm not even over Jack yet. I can't have feelings for Michael and still think about Jack, that doesn't work."

Ashton looked at the girl and smiled at her weakly. "As you see at yourself, it does."

"Jack killed himself after I broke up with him, Ashton. That all just happened about half a year ago."

"He didn't exactly kill himself, the police said it wasn't suicide. He was addicted to alcohol, you couldn't have changed that this would have happened eventually."

"Aren't you sad?"

The boy sat down next to his friend. "Of course I am, he was like my older brother, I've basically known him my whole life, and he didn't deserve all this. But in the end, he beat you up for more than half a year, in the end, he caused nothing but trouble and I really don't miss that."

"But... maybe I shouldn't have given up on him that quickly."

"Mace, you really didn't give up on him quickly." Ashton sighed, he hated to see the girl like that, but she was like that most of the time since everything happened, she felt guilty, she was hurt, broken. "I know this sounds harsh... but you need to move on."

Macey looked up. "But how?"

Ashton shrugged. "Think about your feelings for Michael. Try to find out what exactly this is and what you want, alright?"

"I thought about that a lot already..." the girl trailed off and looked down on the floor.

"And?"

Macey blushed furiously. "I want him."

Ashton smiled lightly, he thought she was cute. "Then that is a good way to start I guess."

"But I also want Jack back,“ she added quietly.

The boy sighed and let his body sink down on the mattress of the girl's bed.

"I hate your feelings, they are so confusing."

Macey chuckled slightly. "I know, believe me, I know."

----------------------------------------------
Idk why but I'm kinda a big fan of starting books just in the middle of the story.

I'll also go back to my usual update schedule with just once a day cuz I need to go to school again and school is basically the worst thing in life.