Chapter 19

"I don't want to force you into anything, Mace. I get it when things happened too fast for you and you would like to slow everything down a bit. I like you, a lot, more than I probably want to admit. And I'd be beyond happy if we could try to make this all work, in exactly the pace you want. We can do this as slow as you want, we can go easy on everything. I want to help you, and I want to be there for you, and I want you to know that you can always come to me whenever you want to talk about just anything."

The boy took a deep breath before he started talking again, "To be honest, I'd love nothing more than to have the privilege to call you mine... and I'd love nothing more for you to call me yours. But if you don't feel the same way that's fine as well," he finished his little speech after Macey calmed down and they have been talking for almost an hour.

"I do feel the same," Macey stated nervously and fidgeted with her fingers.

Michael's eyes immediately lit up and a smile crept onto his face. "So... can we try this?"

The girl sighed and shrugged. "I don't know, Mikey. I'm scared to get into a relationship again."

"I won't hurt you, I promise, I won't ever hurt you. You mean the world to me, and I will always do everything I can to make you happy. You deserve the world, and if I could, I would give it to you."

"Slow?"

"So slow that you will get annoyed by me. We can like just... cuddle and hold hands... and occasionally kiss."

Macey chuckled and thought about it for a few seconds. His offer sounded good to her. Cuddling and holding hands was something she liked. Just like she liked him, and like she wanted to be with him, she just had a hard time admitting her feelings.

The girl nodded. "Okay."

Michael's smile grew even wider, and he just wanted to kiss her. But somehow, he managed to resist that urge. Instead, he shifted closer to her on the couch and pulled her into his lap, burying his head into her shoulder. Macey giggled slightly and pecked his cheek quickly.

"So... uh... will you be my girlfriend?"

Macey smiled and nodded. "I thought that decision was already made."

Michael giggled and smiled as he pulled his girlfriend even closer to him.

He didn't care about how slow they would go on this, he didn't care about it at all. He was just happy to finally be able to call her his. He was happy and nothing but happy.

The two spend their Sunday cuddling in Michael's bed, watching Disney movies.

It was perfect.

----------------------------------------------
I barely got any sleep today, but that's fine.