Chapter 29

"It's 2 in the morning, maybe she is already home again?" Luke suggested nervously, hoping to calm down his friend at least a little bit.

Ashton laid his arm around Michael and shook his head. "Calum went to check just a minute ago."

"Why can't we find her?" Michael's voice cracked, and he hastily wiped away a few tears, not wanting to cry, not because of this.

"I'm so sorry, Mike." Nathalie wrapped her arms around the boy when tears started to make their way down her cheeks as well. She was worried about her friend, they had no idea where she was, anything could have happened to her.

"I just don't get why she would do that, why didn't she leave me a note? This is all my fault, I should have just stayed home with her. I knew something was wrong, yet I left anyway, I'm such a bad person."

"No, Mikey, stop saying that."

"Don't even think that."

"Nothing of this is your fault. If it is someone's fault, then it's mine," the girl mumbled against Michael's clothes.

Michael took a step back and looked at his friend confused. "Why would you say that?"

Nathalie sighed and took a deep breath. "She told me things she told no one other, I knew what was going on and I should have been there for her more, but I only made her feel guiltier than she felt already anyway."

"What things?"

The girl shook her head. She couldn't betray Macey like that, she couldn't tell them, it would be wrong. "She needs to tell you herself."

"But maybe it might help us find her?"

And when she heard those words she thought of something. "Oh my god," she mumbled, "Call Calum, he should meet us outside, I know where she is."