Chapter 38

This is the last chapter and it may seem like a really weird way to end this so I threw in a little explanation of my thoughts in the end, would be cool if you'd read it I guess.
----------------------------------------------

Michael groaned when his phone rang, luckily his boss wasn't in the same room at the moment, and reached for it. The contact was Macey's boss, so he didn't hesitate to answer.

"Michael?"

His heartbeat increased, scared something might have happened to her.

"Yeah? Stacey? What is wrong?"

"Are you busy? Is it possible for you to come here?" the young woman sounded nervous, which wasn't a good sign.

"Is Macey okay?"

"I don't know, it's nothing serious. She has an anxiety attack and she keeps asking for you and we don't know what to do. But maybe Ashton or someone can get her and bring her home if you can't?"

"Shit. Give her the phone."

Michael walked up to one of his co-workers and quickly told him that there was an emergency and that he needed to go, he was sure his boss wouldn't mind.

"Mace? Baby?" he said after he heard the uneasy breathing of a girl.

"Mi- Mike?" she stuttered, and Michael could hear that she was crying.

"Calm down, Kitten, it's okay, you are okay. You need to breath alright? In and out. Just like I, alright?" He breathed slowly when he sat down in his car and drove off, phone pressed between his shoulder and ear. "Shh... don't cry, love, I'll be there soon. You are okay. Just keep breathing."

Michael tried to concentrate on the stuttered, sobbed words coming from the other end of the line, but also on the road. He really didn't need a car crash right now.

"Like that, exactly, Kitten," he said after her breathing became a little steadier. "Just keep doing that, you are doing great, princess."

Michael tried to stay calm, but he was in a horrible condition.

Luckily their workplaces weren't that far away from each other, so Michael parked his car in front of the building just a few minutes later, and he had his girlfriend on the phone the whole time. "I'm almost there, you are okay, I promise."

He ran into the building and didn't hang up until he saw the girl, sitting on the floor, head in her hands, sobbing silently.

The other people left the room as soon as they saw that Michael was there, and he gave them a thankful smile.

"I'm here, love," he said with a soothing voice and sat down next to her.

He took her hands. "Look at me."

She kept her gaze down.

"Look at me, Mace."

She slowly looked up and her red, puffy eyes met his warm ones.

"You will be okay, baby, everything is fine. You are doing great and I'm proud of you, alright?"

The girl nodded her head slowly, even though she couldn't believe a word.

"I'm there for you, I always was, and I always will be, you know that, right?"

She shrugged, she didn't really know that.

"Macey, Kitten, you mean everything to me, you are my world. And I will be always right at your side, as long as you want me to. Everything will be fine, I know that. It might not be easy at the moment, but things will get better, love."

"Michael?" she said, her voice cracked at the end.

"Yes, Kitten?"

"I love you."

The boy smiled at her lovingly, making her melt under his gaze.

The scenario was pretty odd, and neither of them expected Macey to actually be ready to say those three words in a situation like that, but for Macey, the timing was just perfect.

"We'll get you home, shall we?"

Macey nodded, and Michael stood up, he offered her a hand which she gladly took.

"I love you too, Kitten."

----------------------------------------------
Alright.

So the thing is, Macey knew she loved Michael way earlier already, even before he told her he loved her. But she was too scared to actually say it, because the moment she would say it there was no way back, and that scared her.

Macey took two steps forward, one step back the whole story, which was fine. She had her breakdowns, her weird attempts to get over Jack, but she was getting better the whole time. Slowly, but steadily.

Until now, in the end, Macey took the final step forward and told Michael how she felt.

Michael was struggling in their relationship as well. He sometimes wasn't sure if the two were on the same level. Caring for Macey was hard, she caused him lots of trouble. But it was all worth it. And he knew it would be worth it, he loved her after all. He knew all the hard work would pay off.

Macey needed lots of time to actually come to the point she is now. She needed long. But there is nothing wrong with that. Because she got to the point she needed to get to.

The way this all ended is weird. Macey is having a complete mental breakdown, she is broken. But she realises that Michael is the one to help her. That he is the one she can trust. That he is the one who will always be there for her. Macey realises that there is no point in looking back. She realises that she needs to tell Michael how she actually feels. That she wants to tell Michael how she actually feels.

The timing was weird, definitely, but their whole relationship was kinda odd. But that was what made it perfect for them.

I hope this kinda makes sense for y'all.

An epilogue follows.