Chapter 21

"Wait, slow down, when did that happen?"

"I'm not gonna tell you another time, dad," Macey said and rolled her eyes laughing.

The man smiled at his daughter lovingly. "Are you happy?"

Macey grinned and nodded. "I think I am, he makes me happy."

"That's good, it's good to hear that. I haven't seen you smile in ages, and actually seeing you laugh and being full of joy is great."

"Yeah," she said and sipped on her hot chocolate. "I'm not okay, not now, but maybe it can all work out again. Michael takes care of me, he is the sweetest, and I love spending time with him more than anything."

"Does your mum know?"

Macey bit her lower lip and shook her head.

"I'm not gonna tell her anything if you don't want me to. Take your time, tell her when you're ready, alright, honey?"

"Thanks."

"Besides Michael, how are you?"

The girl looked down at her lap and shrugged. "I honestly don't know. Everything is a bit much. I still can't really take this all in, so many things are happening. I can't tell what is wrong or right, what I should do or not. I feel lost and like I can't think straight, you know?"

The man smiled at her weakly and patted her shoulder. "Go with your heat. I know you, and I know that you are strong and smart. Whatever you think is right, whatever feels right, is right. Do what makes you happy."

Macey locked eyes with her father and nodded. "I guess you are right."

"Of course I am!" he exclaimed. "I'm your father after all."

The girl chuckled and nodded. "So I got my smartness from you?"

"Don't tell mum."

Macey started laughing and her father immediately joined in. The small café was filled with the sound of happiness and freeness.

And Macey thought that everything was okay. That from now on everything will only get better and better. That with Michael everything will only get better.

Boy, was she wrong.

----------------------------------------------
I have short hair again, yay