Chapter 17

"Michael feels horrible. He thinks he is the reasons she left and didn't want to come back."

"But he isn't," Nathalie said sighing and sipped on her tea.

"Try to explain that to him. They were on their first date and Macey gets a total mental breakdown afterwards, and it shouldn't be his fault?"

The girl shrugged and leaned against the kitchen counter, locking eyes with her boyfriend. "Michael should know better. Macey and he talked about Jack and stuff yesterday, he knows she still feels guilty, Calum."

"I know, but he's so scared of doing something wrong."

"That's actually kinda cute."

Calum smiled at his girlfriend and made toast for them both and their guest who was still sleeping on the couch.

"I don't want to wake her up, she hasn't really slept in days and I'm glad she does now."

"It's already 2 pm, Amore, she'll be fine."

"I talked with her yesterday, she told me so much stuff she kept a secret till now... you have no idea what's going on inside her."

"You are right, I haven't. But she needs to talk things out with Michael, he is still texting and he keeps bugging me about when she'll be home and if she's okay," the boy said after putting their breakfast on three different plates.

"Alright, I'll wake her up."

Nathalie stood up and walked to their living room, just to find Macey already awake sitting on the couch.

"Morning. Are you hungry?"

The girl looked up from her phone and locked eyes with her friend, shaking her head. "Michael is going insane, I better get home. Thanks for letting me stay with you."

"No problem. Do you want me to drive you?"

Macey shook her head again. "I'm fine, don't wanna ruin your Sunday."

Nathalie wanted to talk back, telling Macey that she could never ruin her day, but she knew that she couldn't change her mind anyway.

"What are you gonna do now?"

The girl shrugged. "Probably nothing."

Nathalie nodded slowly and wanted to say something when Calum walked into the room as well.

"Morning Mace, you stay for breakfast, right?"

Macey stood up. "I'm actually about to leave, but thank you, guys."

"Are you sure? You need a lift?"

"I'm fine."

Calum frowned and then nodded. "Alright, bye, Mace. Good luck with everything."

The boy gave his friend a quick hug and Nathalie did the same afterwards.

As soon as Macey left the apartment she cursed herself for not bringing money for a taxi, or at least headphones, with her. With headphones, the walk home wouldn't be that boring.

She knew that she didn't need to walk. Calum and Nathalie offered a ride, it didn't need more than a phone call to Michael and he would be here in a few minutes, even Ashton or Luke, who lived quite near, wouldn't have minded bringing Macey home.

But instead, she chose the walk through town, even though her legs were still hurting.

But that was okay.