Chapter 10

Michael ended up in uncontrollable laughter after Macey finished screaming the chorus to one of her favourite songs at the top of her lungs.

"Don't do this again," he said still chuckling when the girl next to him tried to hit an exceptionally high note.

"Why not? Aren't you blown away by my amazing voice?" Macey asked giggling.

"Blown away," he scoffed, "yeah, that's the right term."

"You should have just joined in."

"I don't know the lyrics."

The girl looked at her friend shocked. "You don't?"

Michael shook his head. "I don't, sorry, Kitten."

Damnit.

"You need to learn it then."

"I will."

Macey smiled and forced herself to look away from her friend again.

"Where are we?"

"The beach, as you can see when you look outside," he answered after he stopped the car.

"Why are we at the beach?" the girl asked her best friend while taking off her shoes and walking to the sand, the boy following right behind her.

"You love the beach,"

Macey nodded. "I do."

She really loved the beach, there were times when she used to go there almost every evening.

Used to.

Jack loved the beach as well, they were there together a lot, often during the nights, when it wasn't that hot anymore and there were no other people.

"I wasn't at the beach anymore for a while."

Michael looked at the girl. "I know, that's why I took you here."

"It's a different one."

"I know."

"Why did you drive that far when we could have just gone to the nearer one?" Macey stopped and dug her bare feet into the sand, Michael stopped beside her.

"You know why."

She nodded, thanking him silently, and both of them started walking again at the same time, they were right next to each other, walking with the same pace, near to the ocean.

Michael wanted to take her hand so badly, he wanted to lace their fingers together and to draw circles on the back of her hand, he wanted to feel her soft skin against his.

But he didn't do anything, because he didn't know what Macey wanted.

And he wanted everything but scaring her.

Macey, on the other hand, realised how Michael was reaching for her hand and then stopped himself again a few times. So, she took the initiative and did it herself instead.

Now they both were walking while holding hands, avoiding each other's gaze, and smiling uncontrollably.

Everyone who would have seen them could have told that they were so in love.

"This is beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." Michael's eyes widened after the words were spoken. He didn't plan on saying it, he wanted to just think it.

Macey blushed and looked down chuckling.

Damn, the boy thought when he looked at her, what is she doing to me?

It was silent for a few more minutes, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, they both seemed to enjoy it.

At some point, they stopped walking and looked at the ocean. Michael let go of Macey's hand and carefully tucked her hair behind her ear, making the girl tense for just a second, but she relaxed again quickly.

Macey felt like she was going to melt under the piercing gaze of the boy right in front of her, his eyes so soft, and his smile so sincere. The girl couldn't bear it anymore and looked down to the ground, blushing furiously. His warm fingertips gently lifted her chin up until she met his warm eyes again. Macey couldn't possibly describe what she felt in that very moment, it all seemed like a blur.

When Michael looked up and down between Macey's lips and eyes the girl was sure she was just imagining this, it was all a dream.

She felt yet again the rush of helplessness, her feelings getting too intense for her to handle. The boy's skin against hers was so hot but made her shiver as well.

Michael chuckled softly and wrapped his arms around the girl's waist, pulling her closer to him, feeling her body pressed against his.

And Macey didn't even make a move.

When the boy leaned in slightly and his nose nudged against hers, his eyes glanced down to Macey's lips again, and all it needed was a slight nod from her to convince him to make his move.

He leaned down, capturing the girl's lips, sending electric sparks between them

As their lips met Macey felt breathless in a beautiful and fascinating way, and whilst she needed a few seconds to realise what was just happening she found herself kissing him back.

Her arms wrapped themselves around him, and Michael pulled her up to her tiptoes on her waist, making the action of endearment easier for both.

The boy kissed her gentle and soft, and it felt like everything Macey needed in that very moment.

Whilst one of the girl's hands found its way in Michael's soft hair, pulling him even closer to her, until she felt all of him pressed against her, feeling the sense of warmth and comfort she only ever felt around him, she finally realised why people tend to describe kisses as melting, she was melting in his touch, and under his lips, and under the heat, and all the feelings she never experienced like that, every inch of her body melted in his.

Macey inhaled his scent and his cologne and while it was a smell she knew so well it still seemed so different and new this time.

His lips tasted like honey whilst hers tasted like cherry, and once they both had a taste, they realised they would never get enough.

They found the highest of highs.

So, the only reason why they broke apart again was the lack of air and the fact that their smiles were so big, it made it hard for them to kiss.

Whilst the kiss was so pure and shy, it now wasn't just Macey who was blushing furiously, but also Michael's cheeks heat up.

The boy nervously slid his hand into hers, it seemed like such a natural thing to both of them, like it was something they did all the time.

They walked back to the car without saying another word.

Of course, both of them were thinking about the moment they just shared a few minutes before, and they felt like teenagers who experienced their first high school crushes, and somehow, they were.

Not that they were teenagers, but they were experiencing their high school crushes all over again.

"I told you that this might be the one."

Michael didn't need to say any more, Macey understood what he meant fully.

And she agreed with him wholeheartedly.

----------------------------------------------
There are so many song references in this book, I need a hobby.

THOUGHT I'D FOUND THE HIGHEST OF HIGHS, YOU CAME AND TOPPED THEM ALL

Oh, and they kissed.