Chapter 33

One year after Jack's death.

"Morning, love, you want breakfast?" the boy carefully asked when he knocked at his girlfriend's bedroom door.

He knew exactly what date it was

She stayed home from work this day, and so did he. He wasn't sure if that was the right decision or not, but he hoped he could be able to take care of her a little.

No answer.

Michael opened the door slowly, so that it wouldn't make a sound if she was still sleeping.

She wasn't.

She sat on her bed, fully clothed, and watched out of the window.

"Kitten?"

The girl made eye contact with him, but just for a short period of time, then she gazed down at her lap.

"Are you hungry?"

She shook her head no.

"Do you want tea or coffee or something?"

She shook her head another time.

Michael bit his lower lip. "You want me to stay or leave?"

She held two fingers up, telling him the second option it was.

He nodded and left, closing the door behind him again.

Michael felt weak, he didn't know how to help her, how to be there for her, but he wanted to help her so badly.

Two hours later Macey left her room for the first time this day. She still hasn't said a word to Michael, and she didn't plan on changing that.

The girl put on her shoes and left their flat, ignoring Michael's question where she was going.

Michael thought it didn't matter, he was quite sure he knew where she was going anyway.

But he was wrong, Macey didn't go there, she wanted to, but she couldn't.

She felt selfish for doing so, but she didn't want to keep hurting herself.

She drove to the graveyard with Michael's car, she didn't had her own, couldn't afford it, and then she drove away again without stepping a food outside.

She drove around in nowhere for two hours.

When she came back home again Michael asked her if she wanted to eat something, which she declined.

Macey locked herself in her room again, and Michael stayed in the living room, feeling like a total wrack, and like he was completely useless and unable to help his girlfriend.

Macey hasn't left her room another time that day.

When the girl leaned on her door that evening because she couldn't fall asleep, she didn't know that Michael was leaning against the door just on the other side.

----------------------------------------------
I'm going ice skating today, life is great.