Chapter 13

Macey and Michael were nervous about their date. Both of them caring too much about how they look, or how to behave.

They've known each other for years, they have seen each other at their worst, it shouldn't have mattered as much as it did to them.

Michael had a plan for their date, but he started to question if it really was a good idea, but it was too late to think of anything else, it was already planned.

The boy thought about this quite a long time. Since he wanted to take their relationship to a different state he also wanted to do something with his friend they've never done before. Watching a movie together, going for a walk, dinner or a coffee date was nothing special, but after twelve years of friendship, it was hard to think of something new.

But he got an idea, and he didn't think of how it could be possible that none of them has ever done that before.

So, it will probably end horrible, with one of them, or both, in the hospital, at least that's what he was worried about.

There is no way back.

The boy knocked on the door nervously and it was opened shortly after.

"Hey," Macey said smiling.

Michael looked her up and down. She was dressed very casual, just like him, just like he told her to, just like always. With the small difference that the hoodie she wore seemed to be a new one, at least he has never seen her wearing it before. He even noticed that she was wearing a little more makeup than usual, but it was still very subtle.

Hers and Michael's appearance were quite the same, they both made an effort to dress up in a not noticeable way - which was, of course, absurd.

"Hi," Michael replied, the same smile on his lips that Macey had, a nervous, yet happy one.

"Am I dressed right for the occasion? You still haven't told me what we are doing."

"Just perfect."

Michael offered the girl his hand, which she gladly took, and the two left their flat together.

The boy was mysterious about their date, and while it was bugging Macey that she didn't know what they were going to do, and she just wanted to ask him over and over again, she kept quiet, she knew she would find out soon enough.

The evening already started good with their car ride, Michael put in a Green Day album and, damn, they loved that band so much.

They didn't talk a lot, both of them sang along to the songs, it was nice, nothing special, but nice.

A few songs later Michael parked the car in an area Macey has never been before, neither has Michael.

The boy insisted on opening the door for his best friend, which was quite cute, Macey thought.

"Wait," Macey said and stopped walking when she realised what building they stood in front of. "We're going ice skating?"

Michael nodded nervously, scared of what the girl would think about that idea.

A smile made its way on Macey's face. "I wanted to do that for some time, it's great."

And she knew, for sure, it will be great.