Chapter 14

Whilst Macey stayed near to the walls Michael figured out how to ice skate surprisingly quickly. Neither Macey nor Michael himself expected him to be good at something like that, something sporty.

"Come on, Mace, I fell a few times as well, it's not a big deal."

The girl bit her lower lip and shook her head, gripping on the wall next to her strongly.

"I'll hold your hand, Kitten."

Michael was right in front of her and smiled at her reassuringly. He held one hand out for her to take.

Macey shook her head again.

"I'll catch you if you fall."

She shook her head yet another time.

"I'll fall down to the ground with you so you aren't that lonely?" he suggested, and chuckled when he saw that Macey tried not to smile, but she still denied his offer.

"Mace!" he exclaimed. "Come on. For me?"

The boy looked at her with puppy eyes, and Macey could never say no to that.

"Yes!" Michael screamed happily after his friend agreed, causing a few other people to turn into their direction a little confused, but they all minded their own business again soon.

Macey took Michael's hand and the boy dragged her away from her safe place a bit.

They both weren't that steady on their feet, Macey not at all, but also Michael was still struggling slightly, he just didn't want to admit it, being too proud of the fact that he hasn't fallen to the ground for almost half an hour.

Macey stumbled slightly, but Michael immediately tightened his grip around her and put his other hand on her back, holding her on her feet until she found her balance again.

"Told you."

The girl grinned and skated a bit nearer to her friend, feeling safer with him.

Panic! at the Disco was playing in the background and both of them were humming along to the tune, smiles on their faces.

"See, it's not that hard," Michael said after a few minutes.

Macey nodded. "You're right."

"You wanna try alone?" The boy loosened his grip around her hand a bit, so that their fingers were touching just so.

Macey didn't want to let go of his hand already. It gave her a feeling of security, reassuring her that he was right beside her, his skin soft and warm against her cold palm. Holding his hand felt good and right, yet she let go anyway.

"How did you get the idea to do this?" Macey asked her date after they were skating next to each other silently for some time.

"I don't really know, I was thinking a lot about what to do 'cause I wanted it to be special and not cliché... and somehow I got the idea to go ice skating since we've never done that before. I'm just glad you like it."

"It's perfect, Mikey."

Michael glanced at the girl next to him. He thought she was pretty, he liked looking at her, he always liked it, even when they were little. He liked to see her smile when she was caught up in her thoughts, he liked her eyes and how they always sparkled when she was happy, he liked the way she moved and walked.

He liked everything about her.

The moment was interrupted when Macey stumbled and fell down to the ground, a high-pitched scream escaping her lips.

Michael jumped slightly but managed to stay on his feet. "Oh my god, Mace, are you okay?" he asked, but he wasn't able to hold back laughter on the sight of his best friend, lying on the ice, pouting.

"Not funny. I'm just gonna stay down here forever," Macey said sighing and crossed her arms.

"Come here, I help you up, Kitten." Michael chuckled and held his hand out to her, which Macey gladly took.

Not to stand up though, but to pull her friend down to the cold ice with her.

Macey burst out laughing when she saw his shocked face. The boy's legs were tangled in hers and he held his body up with his arms placed next to Macey's shoulders.

"You are so stupid." Michael chuckled.

"You should have seen your face!" Macey exclaimed giggling.

Michael grinned, a devilish grin. Before Macey could realise what was going on the boy quickly pressed his lips onto hers, with so much passion and love at the same time.

Macey didn't even have time to kiss the boy back, he pulled away just as suddenly as he leaned in.

Michael smiled and stood up from the ground, leaving Macey flustered and in shock. She couldn't quite believe what just happened.

"You should have seen your face."