Chapter 34

I'm letting go. I'm letting go. I'm letting go.

He was a douchebag anyway. He was a douchebag anyway. He was a douchebag anyway.

There is no reason to keep thinking about him. There is no reason to keep thinking about him. There is no reason to keep thinking about him.

I make the right decision. I make the right decision. I make the right decision.

Michael treats me so much better. Michael treats me so much better. Michael treats me so much better.

The girl sighed heavily.

Michael deserves so much better.

Then she deleted the contact from her phone.

Macey took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a few seconds, trying to stop her hands from shaking.

After a few minutes she stood up and walked out of her room, right into Michael's.

"You know? There is no reason for being sad anymore", she shrugged, "this happened a year ago, why wouldn't I be fine by now?"

"Good morning to you too, Kitten," the boy said yawning as he sleepily opened his eyes.

"I want to go to my parents today. And I want you to come with me. And we need paint! And I'm making breakfast now."

"Why do we need paint?" His morning voice cracked, and he locked eyes with the girl standing in the doorway.

"Because my room needs to be painted, duh, we can paint yours too."

Michael let his body fall back on the mattress again and closed his eyes. "I don't want to paint anything. I just want to sleep."

"But I'm up and motivated to do things."

"You can join me in sleeping, baby."

Macey sighed. "I'll wake you up when breakfast is ready."

The boy rolled over so that he was lying on his stomach. "You can try," he mumbled.

Macey closed the door again and walked to the kitchen. Half an hour later she dragged her boyfriend out of his room, much to his dissatisfaction. But when he saw the food he felt pleased again.

"Okay, so first we need to get paint, we should also rethink the living room. The couch is horrible, we need a new one."

"We don't have the money for a new couch, love."

"That's... true. Alright, just paint then. I want to paint one of my walls dark grey. And I'll call my parents if we can come for dinner, alright?"

"You think that's a good idea? Your mum hates me."

The girl shrugged. "Yeah, but dad loves you, and I do too, so that doesn't really matter."

She didn't think about her words.

Neither did Michael.

"If you really think it's a good idea."

"Actually, I don't want to see my mum."

Michael frowned and chuckled. "Make up your mind."

"I'll ask if we can meet with dad! That's a great idea. I'm such a genius, aren't I?"

"Of course you are," he answered, shaking his head laughing.

"I want us to get a dog!"

"Macey, are you high or something?"

"Why would you think that?"

"I don't know?"

"I want a dog!"

"I want one too, but we are living in this tiny flat, a dog wouldn't have it good here."

Macey's face dropped, and she looked at her boyfriend sadly. "You are right."

A little later that morning, just a few minutes before they were about to leave, Michael texted Nathalie, she was the only person he could imagine could actually help him.

Michael:
Macey is acting really weird right now

Nathalie:
What is she doing?

Michael:
She is like: Who even cares about Jack? Life is great! Let's change our whole flat and get a dog! And we should meet my parents! No... I don't want to see my mum. Let's meet my dad only! I want a dog!!!

Nathalie:
Uh... maybe she is moving on?

Michael:
But this is weird. Yesterday she didn't say a word all day

Michael:
And a few days ago she was all over me and wanted to make out and everything

Michael:
And before that she was extremely distant, and I almost thought she would just break up with me

Michael:
And now that?

Nathalie:
It's probably just a phase. But I think she is on a good way, I really do

Michael:
I hope you are right

Michael:
We are seriously buying paint now I-

Nathalie:
If she wants to paint her room? Why not?

Michael:
I guess

Michael:
She is still weird

Nathalie:
She is your girlfriend, not mine, you wanted her

Michael:
Hell yes, I did. More than anything