Chapter 30

All in all, they looked for the girl for almost eight hours.

When they found her no one said anything, the group was too scared, no one knew what she needed to hear.

Michael immediately put his jacket around her shoulder when he saw the crying girl, curled up in a ball sitting on the grass in the garden.

He was whispering soothing words in her ear, assuring her that she will be fine, that everything will be okay, until he picked her up and carried her to his car.

The car ride home was filled with no sounds than her heartbreaking sobs.

Michael's heart was aching, and it got worse with every painful cry coming from her.

He loved her, so much, and he didn't want to see her hurting, it hurt him more than anything else ever could.

Michael was so grateful that Nathalie thought of the place. He didn't even know where the house was, and never would he have imagined that Macey would be there.

He was sure he would find her at the graveyard, but that was wrong.

Macey stopped going to the graveyard, but Michael didn't know that.

When they all separated their ways Michael quickly thanked his friends for helping him look for Macey, and when he got home he carried the still crying girl upstairs.

It wasn't until then that Michael noticed the blood on her wrists.

"Shit, Kitten, what did you do?" The boy rolled up her sleeves and cringed at the sight, blood was dripping down both of her arms. He quickly dragged the girl into the bathroom and cleaned up her wounds.

She was still crying.

He was humming Hey There Delilah in a desperate manner of calming her down, but nothing seemed to help.

After he bandaged her arms he carefully asked if she injured herself somewhere else, which she denied with shaking her head no.

"Can you tell me how that happened, love?"

"The window... I tried- I... it... I-" And then she broke down into sobs again.

"Did you break the window?"

She nodded against his chest. "I- I don't kno- know why."

Michael sighed as he carefully carried his girlfriend bridal style into his bedroom. He pulled her onto his lap after they both were seated on the bed. "Did you try to break into the house?"

She nodded again. "Sorry..."

"Shh... it's okay, baby." He rocked them both back and forth a bit and kept placing soft kisses on her head, neck, shoulders and arms. "Why would you do that to yourself, Kitten?" he asked, more to himself than to her. “You have the keys, it's your house now, after all.“

“I didn't plan on going there... I- I haven't had them with me.“

Never would Michael have thought to find his girlfriend crying in the garden of the house Jack and Ace used to live in.

The house was empty since Ace's death.

And it belonged to Macey since Jack's death.