Chapter 6

"Come on, pick something slutty," Ruby says to her friend over the phone as Emma searches through her closet for something to wear for their girl's night out.

"I can't Ruby," Emma says, pulling out a few outfits to examine with her phone under her chin.

"Why not?" her friend whines.

"Because first of all, I'm a mother and I don't want to scar my son permanently. Second, I'm more self-conscious than you are and third I'm not looking to hook up tonight."

"Right because 'Mr. Perfect' has already swept you off your feet."

Emma blushes and lets out a small giggle.

"How did David and Mary Margret react to him?" Ruby asks.

"They liked him, Mary absolutely adores him and David is warming up to him."

"It's good to know that he's liked. So, when are you going to introduce him to the rest of us?"

"Never," Emma says with a smile.

"Never? Why?"

"Because there's a 100% chance that you will scare him off by talking about my sex life and mortally embarrass me."

"Come on, you said he's a hot guy. You know that I love hot guys."

"That's another thing, it'll be less than a minute before you try hitting on him and try to take him for your own."

"Is he that good looking?"

"You'll never know," Emma smirks.

Ruby moans and Emma hears people chatting and plates being stacked in the background.

"Are you still at work?" Emma asks.

"Yeah, the only way I could get Grandma to agree to let me go out was that I work until after seven thirty and clean the back room before I left."

"That sucks,"

"Well, at least I've already got my outfit picked out."

"Let me guess, it's in red?"

"Is there any other colour that turns men on?"

Ruby, like her namesake, was obsessed with the colour red. She says it draws all the attention to her and highlights every angle of her body.

"I wish I was in your position," Emma sighs,

"Just wear that black dress I bought you for your birthday," Ruby insists.

"You mean the one with the slit up the left leg and a neckline so low that it practically splits the dress in half."

"Yes, that one."

Emma rolls her eyes.

"Come on Em, it hugs your curves and highlights your ass."

"Ruby, I don't need to draw attention to myself that much."

"We'll find something and then go pick up Anna, Elsa, and Regina. I've got Aurora, the birthday girl, MeyLing, and Zelena."

"Alright, see you then," Emma says hanging up.

She takes another look in her closet trying to find something decent to wear. Eventually, she settles on a dark blue dress which skirt came down to her knees and hugged her curves nicely. She added a black cardigan to it and wore short heels so she would be able to walk if they were going bar hopping. She grabs her purse, applies minimal makeup and pulls her hair up into a simple bun. Once she's satisfied, she walks out to find Henry on the couch texting.