Chapter 70

Emma lays back in bed. It almost felt unnatural to be back in her own bed, in her own apartment... She doesn't have to be worried about being chained to the bed or being raped or attacked in any way. She was where she could feel safe again.

Despite how exhausted her body feels, Emma can't seem to get comfortable. She rolls back and forth, trying to find a good position, but nothing seems to work. She stares at her alarm clock, it's almost two o'clock in the morning. She tries taking a few deep breaths and shutting her eyes, but still nothing. She attempts to think peaceful thoughts, happy thoughts about Henry and Killian, Mary Margret, David, and baby Jacob, but Arthur's sick face keeps entering her mind. She takes a sip of water from beside her nightstand and curls up into a ball.

After what feels like half an hour, she wipes her brow and rolls over. Not content she leaves the door open a bit and she watches Killian settle in on the couch. She forces herself to smile and then tries to settle down like he was.

She closes her eyes and eventually, she slowly feels her body drift off, finally giving in to the exhaustion of her whole ordeal.

...

It feels like a few hours before Emma wakes up again. It's still dark out, but the clock hasn't changed at all. She's sweating a lot and she assumes it's because of the baby, so she goes to the bathroom to get another drink of water. As she pads down the hall, she sees that the light in the bathroom is on, which is weird because she always turns it off as to not to disturb Henry in his room. Thinking Killian might've left it on, she shrugs until she sees the entire bathroom is covered in blood. Her breath catches in her throat and she nearly falls back into the wall. It's just like what she did to escape from Arthur. There are handprints, smears and bloody towels everywhere. Emma blinks, this can't be real. She rushes across the hall to find Henry, but to her horror, his bed is also covered in blood. It's like something out of a horror movie.

"Henry?! Henry!" Emma screams. She runs down the hall to find the phone and her son. The kitchen is an absolute disaster and only one of the drawers has been completely ransacked, the knives. Emma tries to find the phone when the light in the living room goes on. And her heart drops.

"Emma..."

She turns and her heart drops.

Arthur has Killian at knifepoint, prepared to slit his throat. Killian looks like he was knocked out or something already, but her former captor is ready to do more damage.

"This is what you get Emma," Arthur says in a hoarse whisper.

Emma looks down to see Henry on the floor, a pool of blood under his head. He's as white as a sheet and his hazel eyes lifeless. Emma wants to get to her son, but Arthur stops her.

"You still have something of mine..." before she can do anything else, Arthur slits Killian's throat and lets him fall next to Henry.

"NO!" she screams."KILLIAN! HENRY! Please!" She desperately tries to revive her son and boyfriend, to stop the bleeding.

Suddenly, she feels her hair being pulled back. She's forced onto the floor and Arthur gets on top of her like he'd done some many times before.

"GET OFF OF ME!" she screams, struggling, fighting for her life.

"Let's finish this now shall me?" he wheezes.

...

Killian jolts awake at the sounds of Emma's scream. He thought she might be attacked or something was wrong with the baby and runs to switch on the light.

Instead, he finds Emma thrashing around like someone has a hold of her, but nobody is there. She's sweating like crazy and crying out for dear life. Her blankets are a mangled mess and she kicks continuously at the air.

"Swan!" Killian says. He rushes in with no shirt on and tries to put his arms around her to stop her from hurting herself. She's thrashing around for him to get a good grip around her. Emma screams and actually punches Killian in the shoulder. He grimaces and is thrown back onto the floor.

"You can't have my baby!" Emma shouts.

"Emma, wake up, you're having a nightmare." He cries out. "Emma please!"

Her eyes flutter open and she sits up suddenly. Her heart is pounding in her ears and tears are burning her eyes. She's gasping for breath as her head finally clears enough for her to process what's going on.

Killian gets up from the floor.

"Killian! You're alive!" she says reaching over to grab his hand.

"Of course, I'm alive."

"What's going on?" a voice from the door says. Both adults turn to see a tired teenager standing, rubbing his eyes. "I heard screaming, are you okay Mom?"

Emma wipes her brow and tries to collect her bearings. "I'm fine Henry, just a bad nightmare."

"Sounded more than just that, I heard the bed shaking."

"Everything's okay Lad," Killian says. "Your mum's just got a lot on her mind."

"Okay, good night Mom, good night Killian," he says, not really feeling like pursuing the issue any further at this time of night.

"Good night Henry," Emma says.

Killian rubs his sore shoulder.

"A-Are you okay?" Emma asks.

"I should be okay, but you've got quite the left hook."

"I-I did that to you?"

"Aye, you were screaming bloody murder Swan, telling someone not to get your baby."

Emma puts her head in her hands and attempts to concentrate on breathing. Nothing in the nightmare was real, but it sure felt that way.

"I had a dream about him," she explains. "I never told you how I escaped did I?"

Killian shook his head. Emma goes on to explain her entire dream and her escape from the madman. It was quite a dramatic way to escape and it made Killian's stomach turn a few times, especially looking at the cuts on her hands, but he nodded and just tried to comfort her. A few times he tried to hug her, but she moved away, not ready for it.

"It was all a dream Swan, we're okay and the baby's okay."

"I-I know... I should've known this would happen. After what I've been through..."

Killian grabs her hand and locks eyes with her. "We're here for you Emma, every step of the way. We'll work through this together I promise."

He gives her a gentle smile and then gives her a soft kiss on the lips. Emma shudders a little bit but then manages a tiny smile as well.

"You should try to get some sleep now," he said, getting up.

"Wait!" Emma says quickly.

"What?"

She blushes slightly. "Will you sleep in here tonight?"

"You don't think Henry will get the wrong idea?"

"I just need someone here, please?"

Killian gives her his famous half smirk. "How can I say no to a damsel in distress?"

Emma tries to smile and then opens up the other side of the bed for him. Killian turns off the light and she feels him as he climbs into bed next to her. She feels him settle down on the pillow and take a deep breath. She lays down next to him and he attempts to put his arm around her.

"Not now," she whispers, squirming out of it, but she does hold his hand tightly.

"Good night Love," he whispers, kissing her cheek.

"Good night Killian..."

This is the last chapter of Turn for the Worst. Thank you so much for the support of all my readers and reviewers. It's been a long journey and it's hard to believe that this started with a dream and how much I was able to expand it. It's been great and stay tuned because there will hopefully be a sequel. If you want, you could give me some book title ideas. Thank you all and good night.