Chapter 32

"Nova, it's David," David radios in. he's still in Gwen's hospital room and in order to get her to talk, he's putting out a search for her children.

"What's up?"

"We might have more kidnap victims,"

"You mean the kids?"

"How did you know?"

"There are toys all over the house so I assumed that they have children."

"A girl and a boy," Gwen says. "Megan and Ben."

"Megan and Ben," David parrots to Nova.

"They're eight and four years old and my husband Arthur Julius King has them. He also has Emma."

Gwen gives them a description of the car and its license plate, she cries through some of it.

"I'll get an AMBER Alert out for them immediately," Nova says.

"Thank you," Gwen says.

Dr. Whale comes in to check all of Gwen's vitals before he allows David and Jack, who drove over once Gwen was awake to help David with the interview.

"So Mrs. King,"

"Please call me Gwen," she insists.

"Alright Gwen, please tell me everything that you can remember," David says. Jack has set up a tape recorder instead of a video to give Gwen a little bit of privacy as she recovers.

"What's the date today?' Gwen asks.

"The 1st of October."

"Oh god, I was out for so long, he likely got far away with the kids," she whimpers.

"Gwen, do you remember when Emma Swan was kidnapped?"

"Yes, there was a segment on the news about it and how her friends and son were interviewed. I was... watching it with him... not knowing she was right in our basement the whole time."

Gwen begins to cry even harder. "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me, I didn't know my husband was such a monster and he would do this to a mother," she says between sobs.

"It's alright," David says gently. He hands her a box of tissues. "You are not a suspect Gwen."

"But you are a key witness if we're going to find Emma and your children. We need you to give us everything that you know," Jack says.

Gwen wipes her eyes and blows her nose, composing herself as best she can. She re-adjusts her arm with the IV in it and then faces David again, looking into his blue eyes.

"Did you notice something was off about your husband the night of the September 15th?"

"No, I was away all weekend with my children at my parents' house. What day was it that she was abducted?"

"A Friday night, September 15th."

"Okay," Gwen says recalling the date more than two weeks ago. "We had left him at about 6:00 that night and so he must've gone to a bar and found her,"

"Okay," David prompts.

"We only called him once on the Saturday night when the kids wanted to say good night."

"Did he sound any different?"

"No, he was the same as he always was. So we came back on Sunday afternoon and I noticed that the basement door had a padlock. I asked him about it and he said that he was doing a new scaffolding project with his friend, Gerry..."

"Sorry to interrupt but would Gerry have known about this?" Jack asks.

Gwen shakes her head. "I doubt it, Arthur doesn't have many friends and he doesn't really talk to them that much anyways."