Chapter 16

Mary Margret's phone buzzes on the nightstand. She moans and reaches over. The weight of carrying the baby has taken a lot of her energy and with Emma missing, it's ten times worse. She spent most of the day in bed, nodding in and out of consciousness with Elsa and Aurora bringing her things when she needed them. Killian and Henry came home late last night and didn't say very much before they both collapsed in bed and on the couch from exhaustion. The teacher had tried to at least do some lesson planning for her kids since she's missing the school and most likely the rest of the week, but she gives up, distressed and the image of Emma lying on the side of the road somewhere haunts her waking and sleeping moments.

She checks the ID. It's David. She hopes that he has some good news.

"Hi honey," she says.

"Hi, Mary. How are you feeling?"

"I'm tired."

"Did Killian and Henry make it home alright?"

"They're still sleeping."

"Well, you may want them to be awake because we have footage of Emma!"

"You do?!" Mary gasps nearly dropping her phone in shock. "Where? How? When? What...?"

"One of the officers was sent to the bar the girls attended and they have a security camera on the front of their bar and inside. We're just getting the tape now. We need a few people to positively identify her."

"I'll call Elsa and then get the boys ready."

"Please... be careful," David says, making sure his wife doesn't hurt herself in excitement.

"I will, I love you. I'll see you soon."

"I love you too."

Mary hangs up. She staggers out of the room at top speed and goes to the couch.

"Killian! Killian" she says loudly, shaking his shoulder. He's still in his clothes from the day before.

"Five more minutes," the Irish man mumbles, burying his face into the pillow.

"Get up, they have footage of Emma!"

Like he was struck by a lightning bolt, Killian sits up immediately, now wide awake.

"They do? Where is it? Does it catch her kidnapper? What are the cops going to do?"

"We'll find that out when we get there," Mary says. She rushes to Henry's room.

"Henry, Henry!" she says.

"What is it?" the teen moans, opening his hazel eyes.

"There is footage of Emma. We need to go down to the station to identify her."

Henry's heart pounds loudly as he sits up before practically racing to his closet for a change of clothes. He then runs for the shower. Mary Margret changes into some more clothes that Aurora was nice enough to go and get for her. Killian is splashing water on his face and cleaning himself up as best he can, as Mary picks up the phone and calls Elsa.

"Mary, what's wrong? Are you okay?" she asks.

"I'm fine, we need to get down to the station, David says they have footage of Emma at the bar. We need to ID her!"

"I'll be right over, I'm bringing Anna too."

"Okay, but hurry."

Mary Margret begins to pace back and forth, calling the others and telling them the news. She paces for a little bit while she and Killian wait for Henry. That is until her feet get sore and she's forced to sit down at the kitchen table. Killian taps his foot impatiently.