Chapter 35

Henry walks out into the waiting room.

"Has anyone seen Killian?" he asks.

Aurora looks up from the book she's reading.

"He went out that way," she points out the door. "He was very angry. What did you say to him?"

"I didn't say anything, it was the woman, Gwen."

"Don't tell me you..." Ruby says.

"She told me everything that happened,"

"Oh god Henry," Ruby groans angrily. "There was a reason I stayed quiet about this."

"Why? What happened?" Anna asks.

Ruby swallows hard. She looks at Henry in concern.

"Tell them, Ruby," Henry says. Ruby shakes her head. "Tell them or I will."

Ruby sighs. "The bastard's name is Arthur King and... the reason he has Emma is that he's trying to get her pregnant."

Everyone in the group goes quiet. The colour drains from Anna's, Aurora's, MeyLing's, Regina's and Zelena's face. Ruby turns as red as her hair, embarrassed and stressed out by what she revealed. Henry swallows.

"And Killian heard this?" MeyLing asks.

"That's all he needed to hear," Henry says.

"Well, we have to go find him before he does something stupid!" Regina says, standing up.

"Or at the very least gets himself or Emma killed," Zelena adds.

Regina shoots her sister a look, but they both are reminded of what Elsa said earlier and drop it. Everyone gets up and exits the hospital.

Once they're in the bright sunlight of the afternoon and the wind picks up, they look both ways.

"Which way do you think he went?" Aurora asks.

Ruby looks in the direction of where most of them had parked once the news of the witness had been shared. She could see her red Corvette, Aurora's dark blue van, Zelena's green Porsche, Regina's black BMW, Elsa's blue convertible, but not Killian's black SUV.

"Shit!" Ruby says, grinding her teeth together. She fumbles with her phone to dial David's number.

"What's up, Ruby?"

"David where are you?"

"I'm at the park down the street with Mary Margret. Why?"

"Killian's run off."

"What? Why? How?"

"Henry and Killian visited the witness in her room and found out the guy was trying to get Emma pregnant."

"Oh my God, Wait, how do you know that?"

"Not important David! We need to find Killian before he does something that might get himself or Emma killed."

"Right, I'll radio Jack. Call Robin and Will to be on the lookout. If he comes home for some things, I want them to keep them there."

"But I don't have Robin's number..."

"I do," Zelena interrupts. "I'll call him right now."

Regina turns red in frustration but tries to keep her arm around Henry as they walk towards her BMW.

"Does anyone actually have Killian's number yet?" Ruby asks, still on the phone.

"Emma's phone does," David says. "But it's in the evidence locker."