Chapter 34

"Ruby, what's wrong?" Elsa asks.

She's walking like a zombie, gasping for air because of the large lump in her throat. She walks back into the hospital waiting room where everyone, minus Mary Margret, David, and Jack, are still waiting for any type of news.

"Ruby!" Elsa says.

Ruby just sits down in a nearby chair.

"EARTH TO RUBY!" Zelena shouts.

Ruby blinks and looks at all her friends staring at her. She forces herself to smile.

"Don't yell in a hospital Zelena," Regina says sternly.

"Don't tell me what to do Regina," the red-head shouts. Regina gets up from her chair to face her unpleasant sister.

"I'm trying to be considerate to the sick people around us,"

"You're never considerate of anyone but yourself, you little brat," Zelena snaps back.

"Both of you shut up!" Elsa barks.

Everyone looks at Elsa in shock. Even Anna was surprised, as her sister hardly ever raised her voice at anyone. "We are in a hospital for god's sake. I can't believe you two! I can never understand why you just can't be civil? I know you're sisters and you don't like each other, but consider what's happened. Our friend is in grave danger and all you can think about is yourselves and your petty lives. For god's sake, think about Emma and that poor woman David found, she was drugged and unconscious by the man who abducted and could very well kill Emma."

Elsa then turns on her heels and exits the room in a huff.

Everyone is left stunned by Elsa's words; she spoke the truth; Emma was much more at risk of being hurt by someone than a catfight between sisters. Regina sighs and sits down again. A nurse gives them all a warning glance about the noise.

Henry turns to Ruby and whispers to her.

"What did you hear?"

"I don't know what you mean," Ruby says, trying to look away.

"You're a terrible liar Lass," Killian says sternly. He too wanted to know everything.

"We know you snuck away to listen," Henry says.

"And what I might've heard doesn't concern you," Ruby says. "If I did hear something, which I didn't, I wouldn't tell you. I got lost on the way to the bathroom."

"A very bad liar," the docks mans says.

Ruby turns away to avoid both their eyes and says nothing more.

"She's my mother for god's sake!" Henry says.

"And the woman I care about," Killian adds. "We have a right to know."

Ruby swallows and shakes her head. "I can't do it," she says. "It'll ruin your lives and keep you up at night."

"More than it's already doing so," Killian says. "Tell us, Ruby."

Ruby shakes her head and gets up. "I can't, I'm sorry."She leaves the room, not likely to come back.

Henry feels very frustrated and he smacks his hand on the armrest.

"Don't get mad just yet Lad," Killian says. "If she won't tell us, we'll have to get it from the source."

The two look down the hall to where David, Jack, and Ruby had come from.

...

It's another hour before Killian and Henry attempt to get into the woman's room. They want answers and if this woman knows where Emma is, they want her to tell them.