Chapter 38

Henry and Mary Margret walk into the hospital as the rain is pouring outside. Both of them shake off the umbrella and shiver under their coats. They walk up to the front desk with their shoes squeaking with water.

"Killian Jones please," Mary Margret says. She has a small bouquet of flowers with her.

"Ah yes," the receptionist says. "You're just in time for visiting hours. He's on the second floor, Room 237."

"Thank you," Mary Margret says. She and Henry walk together toward the elevator. As they go down one of the halls, Henry sees the room that Gwen King was in. He saw that it was now vacant. He hoped that her children and his mom would be found very soon.

Eventually, the two come to room 237. They knock before entering.

Killian is propped up in the hospital bed, in a hospital gown with his leg in the air. His blue eyes open when the two coming into the room. He tries to smile, even though he is in pain. He has several cuts and bruises on his face, some that had medical stitches in them. His leg was in a cast that was hanging over the bed and his wrist was wrapped in gauze. He was hooked up to an IV to numb the pain he was in and a few monitors just to keep track of his progress. He turns towards his two visitors with some happiness.

"Ahoy," Killian says weakly.

"Hello, Killian," Mary Margret says. "How are you feeling?"

"Well the hangover has worn off," Killian says in good humour.

Mary Margret frowns, giving Killian the look she often gives students who misbehave.

"Don't joke about this Killian!" she says sternly. She had been waiting quite a while to tell him off. "You could've been killed you know?!"

"Aye I do Mary, but..."

"Don't act like it's not a big deal!" Mary Margret cuts him off. "What you did was stupid and very reckless. If Regina and Henry hadn't found you..." She begins to tear up in anger. "Why would you do that? And with Emma! What would she think if she came back and found out you were dead because you were drinking and driving?"

Killian grimaces, his stomach twists in guilt. Obviously, the school teacher cared about him and his well-being... mostly because of Emma, he assumed. He knows that what he did must've been the stupidest thing he's ever done in his life and considering he used to do drugs, that's saying something.

When he had stormed out of the woman's hospital room, he was very angry and close to tears. His mind and body were a mess at the thought that this man had taken Emma to get her pregnant. Once he got outside, he punched the wall in front of the hospital and then vomited in the bushes. His head was spinning in confusion and rage. He knew he had to find Emma. He had to save her from this monster. He couldn't imagine how scared she must be, being held by this maniac.

Killian was obviously not thinking clearly and he drove off in his car to the nearest liquor store. He doesn't know why he went there, he just did. It's how he coped with Milah dying, so it was falling back into old habits. He bought the cheapest bottle of rum that he could and took off without even getting his change. He pulled into the back alleyway behind his apartment and began drinking in his car. He was crying the entire time; drinking, looking at some of the photos he had of Emma and drinking again. What happened next was a bit of a blur. He remembers starting his car and trying to find a way out of Boston, trying to find where this man might have taken Emma. He remembers seeing the countryside and he remembers turning on his radio before everything went black. The next thing he remembers was waking to Regina calling his name and her shaking him. He knew that he had screwed up badly and when he looked at Henry's face, he felt a wave of guilt for what he had done. He had almost gotten himself killed and he thought of Liam and how his brother would've smacked him upside the head for doing something so incredibly stupid. When he saw Henry's concerned face, seeing those eyes that were like his mother's, he broke down. What would Emma have said if she was here? Would she have broken up with him? She would've been devastated had he died in this accident, killed by his own hand. If he hadn't, she also probably would've killed him anyway for acting so impulsively. What he had done had not benefitted anyone. It didn't bring them any closer to finding Emma and honestly just distracted and made everyone worry that much more.