Chapter 37

"A-Arthur?" Gwen says slowly.

"Yes,"

Gwen's hand is shaking so hard as large waves of emotions wash over her. She knows she must try and remain calm, especially if he has the children and that poor girl, Emma Swan with him. Her stomach twists into a massive knot and she feels the need to vomit. She leans against the doorway; so, frightened and so, worried. She needs to find the strength to confront him. She grasps the doorknob to steady herself.

"How are you?" he asks.

Gwen sucks in a sharp breath, feeling anger instead of fear.

"HOW AM I?! YOU BASTARD! YOU TRIED TO KILL ME AND AN INNOCENT WOMAN! YOU'VE TAKEN OUR CHILDREN AND KIDNAPPED A WOMAN WHO HAS DONE NOTHING TO YOU! YOU SUDDENLY CALL UP AND YOU ASK HOW I AM! HOW DO YOU THINK I AM?!"

Arthur had moved the phone away from his ear as his wife screamed at him. His own stomach twisted into a thick knot, knowing that what he had done to Gwen would end their marriage no matter what. He did feel much guilt for what he had done to her, but he'd done it to give them another child, to be the perfect family... another chance.

Arthur sighs very deeply before bringing the phone back to his ear.

"I understand your anger."

"NO SHIT ARTHUR!" she screams. "YOU HAVE RUINED SO MANY LIVES!"

"I did this for you!"

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT BULLSHIT, YOU DID THIS FOR YOU AND ONLY YOU!"

"You never asked me if I didn't want to have another child!"

"YOU DON'T OWN MY LIFE ARTHUR, I CHOSE TO DO THIS BECAUSE WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER MOUTH TO FEED. WE WERE HAPPY THE WAY WE WERE!"

"I wasn't."

"OBVIOUSLY NOT!" Gwen continues to scream. She begins storming down the hall and down towards her parent's awaiting car. Both of them see how red in the face Gwen is and the tears in her eyes.

"Honey what's wrong?" her mother asks.

Gwen covers the mouthpiece of the speaker.

"Call the police, Arthur is on the phone," she says.

...

David is reading several files at his desk about the police evidence found at the King home when there is a page into his office. He picks it up on his cell phone, having both connected for certain situations.

"Lieutenant Nolan,"

"Lieutenant, a 911 call just came in involving the abduction of Emma Swan."

David nearly drops his phone as he rushes down the main hallway towards the parking lot. He grabs Jack along the way as they climb into the car and turn on the police scanner to pick up the dispatch.

"We have a white male claiming that his daughter is talking with the main suspect in the abduction of a white female." The scanner then gives the address. Both officers recognize it as the crime scene, they turn on the sirens and lights and speed out into the busy Boston streets.

David's heart is racing and he can feel the adrenaline coursing through his veins. If the woman, Gwendolyn King has Arthur on the phone, they can trace the call and identify his location. At the same time, they must do this secretly in order not to tip him off and send him on the run or risk the lives.

"Get the station on the phone," David orders Jack. "We're going to need an ANI to trace the call."

...