Chapter 53

"EMMA!" Killian shouts tears in his eyes. He grabs Henry's phone and frantically pushes the buttons. He struggles to keep his balance on his crutches. "EMMA CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

He loses his footing and falls to the floor, Henry's phone skittering along the hardwood just out of reach. His side explodes in pain as his ribs were not entirely healed and his leg aches from the impact. David and August rush to help him up. Killian's hands clench into fists and he feels his blood boiling, adrenaline coursing through him and his throat closing. The pain of hearing from his beloved woman, only to have her snatched away again. Being so close and yet so far.

"GET OFF ME!" Killian hollers, fighting David and August's grip. "GET OFF OF ME!" His bright blue eyes welling with tears.

His screams woke up the baby in the room, Jacob starts screaming. Mary Margret who is also emotionally distraught overhearing Emma's voice goes to deal with her son. Henry stands staring straight ahead, shaken, not even caring about his phone anymore.

"Calm down Killian!" David barks. "You're going to hurt yourself again."

"SHE NEEDS US DAVID!" Killian yells. "AND YOU WANT TO DO NOTHING?! DAMN YOU ALL!"

"Screaming at a phone is not going to help anyone," Elsa says. She kneels down and lifts Killian's chin so they're face to face. David and August hold both of Killian's arms and his upper body dangles just above the floor.

Elsa holds his face until he calms down a little bit and they can see eye to eye.

"Killian..." she says softly. "It's going to be okay..."

"He's hurting her Elsa..." he sighs heavily, his eyes filling with tears.

"I know but she's strong Killian... you know that she's strong and she'll keep fighting. She told us she fought the man this morning. He won't get to her and she won't be gone forever..."

"How... how can you be so confident?" Killian whispers through his tears.

"Because I know Emma. She's been through so much in her life, but she always finds a way out of it and it always makes her stronger. And she's not alone, we're going to keep looking for her... and we're going to find her..."

Almost everyone in the room is in tears now, Elsa's optimistic statement gives them hope, even if it is very small. Finding Emma is like trying to find a needle in a haystack... a very big haystack. However, they had some new information, some that will be very useful to David and the police force and at least they know she's alive... she's likely very frightened, but she's still out there and they will find her.

Slowly, David and August help Killian to his feet. Regina picks up his crutches for him and hands them over.

"Thank you, Regina," the docks man says.

He turns to David and August. "My sincerest apologies for my behaviour."

"It's alright Killian," David says.

August nods in agreement.

Mary Margret brings over Jacob who has calmed down and now lays in his mother's arms. "My apologies Lad," Killian says, gently rubbing the infant's patch of hair. "And to you too Mary."

"It's alright Killian," she sighs. "We all feel the same way... it's just that you had the nerve to express it out loud."

David picks up Henry's phone from the floor.

"I want to get this down to the station for tracking," he turns to the teen. "Is that okay Henry?"

Henry nods, still in slight shock.

"We'd better get down there," August says. "Come on Leroy,"

The grumpy alcoholic nods and the PI grabs his notes and other pieces of evidence. David goes over to his wife.

"I'll be home when I can," he says softly before kissing her. "I love you."

"I love you too," the teacher says gently. David then leans down to kiss his son's head.

As the three men leave, the rest of the friends decide it's time to head home too. Elsa and Ann are giving Ruby a ride home, MeyLing will be going with Aurora and Zelena takes off the second she's given the chance.

All that is left are three adults, one teen, and one baby. Mary Margret puts her son back in his baby seat and then stands up. For some odd reason, she goes to the kitchen and begins to make hot chocolate for everyone. Henry sits down at the table and Killian sits next to him. What happens next shocks, Regina. The teen lays his head on Killian's shoulder as a sign for the need of comfort. The docks man is confused at first, but then slowly accepts it.

"It's alright Henry..." Killian whispers.

"I wish we could just find her," is the response.

"I know Lad, but as Elsa said, we have hope and that's what is important."

Henry doesn't say anything else. Regina sits down on the opposite end of the table and keeps an eye on the baby while his mother tinkers in the kitchen. She then looks down at her phone to find a new message from Robin. She tries to hide her smile as she opens it.

Would really like to see you soon. I don't visit Roland this weekend so I'm free.

Sounds nice, Regina texts back. Could really use the distraction. Emma somehow was able to contact us just now.

Really?! Is she okay?

She's scared and the man is beating her among... other things. She also was about to say something important but the connection was cut off...

Wonder what it could be?

Regina swallows hard and looks over at Killian and Henry. She could take a guess at what Emma was trying to tell them. She could be pregnant with the bastard's baby. Just at the thought makes her stomach twist violently and she feels the urge to throw up. She can't imagine what Emma must be thinking, especially if she is pregnant. If this is true, it could crush Killian and also Henry. She knows she needs to keep it a secret because if her hypothesis is correct... she saw what happened the last time Killian heard about the man wanting to get her pregnant... the next time, the docks man might not come out alive.

Not sure... I'll tell you more tomorrow

Ok

Regina puts her phone down as Mary Margret brings mugs of hot chocolate to the table. She hands one to everyone before adding cinnamon to Henry's and her cup. The four of them sit in silence for a long time, listening to the sounds of the traffic, as if waiting for the phone to ring again or for Emma to walk through the door, safe and happy. It was a silly fantasy, but at least she had called them and they knew she was alive, out there somewhere and had a roof over her head. She wasn't alone, despite her awful company and she was still fighting for her freedom. They all knew that Emma would never give up until the last breath left her body.

The only problem was, how much longer could she keep fighting?

Sorry if this chapter is shorter and there's no real cliffhanger here. Will update soon and thank you for the reviews and support.