Chapter 13

"You can't just abandon her!" David barks at Gold. The two are in a heated argument about finding Emma. Half the force is outside the door of Gold's office, all on David's side in support of finding their fellow member. Leroy stands in the corner of Gold's office, his arms across his chest, doing his very best to control his anger toward the selfish Commissioner.

"I am doing no such thing, Lieutenant," Gold says coldly.

"She's one of the best people on this force and you're not giving her case a passing glance," David says accusingly.

"I am merely following protocol, Mr. Nolan,"

David wants to punch Gold so badly. He takes a step back and lets out a frustrated sigh. "You're telling me, you will not dedicate your time and effort to find someone who has spent the last ten years committed to this force and bringing in many criminals, many of which she never lays claim to and does everything you've ever asked of her and you won't..."

"I understand your distress over this situation Lieutenant Nolan, given your friendship with Miss Swan (which I find a waste of time), but I cannot have the entire Boston Police Force dropping everything to find one person, for who all we know, ran away because of the unfortunate life she's had."

"That's absolute bullshit!" Leroy barks. He begins to charge at Gold, but David does his best to hold him back. "She'd never run away. Just because she's had a bad past, doesn't mean she'd run away from her problems like you might. She puts her sweat and blood into her work, more than you ever would, and here you accuse her of abandoning her life."

"How dare you speak to me like that?!" Gold shouts back, standing up from behind his desk.

"It's a long time coming, you bastard," Leroy snarls.

"Find yourself a new job Mr. Arnsberg," Gold shouts. "I will not tolerate disrespect!"

"You think I care? I've been waiting seven years for you to say that to me. You're a tyrant and I hope you rot in hell!"

Leroy then storms out of the office and slams the door behind him.

David is stunned by what Leroy had just said, but he's sure that anyone who heard that would know that it was a long time coming, but David knew he had to keep his job, for his wife and unborn child and for Emma.

David turns back to an enraged Gold is a flushed red colour and panting angrily like a rabid animal.

"I've known Emma for more than five years. You know and I know that she's had a hard life and been through a lot lately, but she would not, under any circumstances abandon her son or go anywhere without telling anyone. We're dealing with an abduction case and..." David swallows hard. "P-Possible homicide."

"My word is final Lieutenant," Gold says.

"Then you'll be looking for half a new police force if you don't take this seriously."

Gold pauses and glares at David.

"I will put you in charge of the investigation, just don't come crying to me when your leads run cold."

...

"Tell me the last time you saw Emma Swan," an officer named Jack asks Killian. David, Henry, Regina, Mary Margret, Ruby, Leroy, Elsa and several other officers are standing behind the mirror glass watching the interrogation of Emma's boyfriend.

David, Henry, Regina, Mary Margret, Ruby, Leroy, Elsa and several other officers are standing behind the mirror glass watching the interrogation of Emma's boyfriend.

"I've got to admit, he is really good looking," Ruby smirks. "Good job Emma,"

Mary Margret glares at Ruby. "This is no time for jokes,"