1.3

ok so I was on the phone with my dad while I was writing this and I told him I burnt my fingers. he said "how did you burn your fingers? digging boogers?" im gonna start numbering the chapters bc it is confusing me like legit

1.3

LUKE HELD HER HAND as she slept peacefully. The door opened, which made Luke turn his head towards its direction. "Excuse me sir, but visiting hours are over. You need to leave," the nurse said and Luke sighed. He slowly started to get up and the nurse left the room. He kissed Flynn's forehead and whispered,"I'll see you tomorrow."

Luke drove back home feeling an immense weight on his shoulders. He felt horrible that Flynn has been staying in the hospital for more than a week now. The doctor's words kept repeating in his head. Luke couldn't help but feel that it was his fault. He pushed her, he tormented her, he made her life hell.

She didn't deserve it. If Luke wasn't a jealous, angry person, maybe she wouldn't be in this mess. He really loves her, but he doesn't know how to tell her.

<<

"Neurological healing takes time. I'm not sure how long it'll take for her. Her post traumatic amnesia can take up to a couple of days, weeks, or even months. I can't give you an exact date on when Flynn will recover," the doctor frowned and Rachel buried her face in her hands. She was ready to break down again.

Liz rubbed her back as she let the tears escape. Luke's eyes widened at the doctor's information.

"Fortunately, Ms. Harper, she didn't take enough pills to seriously damage her brain. If she had taken even just one more, she probably would've suffered very serious memory loss. She might have not recovered. At this rate, we can't tell what's going on until we run some tests."

This made Rachel, Liz, and Luke worry even more.

The doctor continued,"She's in a coma like condition right now. Don't worry, she should be fine, but she should wake up soon. When she does, it's best to not worry her or be so persistent. She could freak out or have panic attacks. I'll run some tests and we can talk again."

>>

Rachel stayed home, to upset and scared to see her daughter look so lifeless on the hospital bed. I've seen it once and I'm not going to again, she thought. She was so scared that Flynn wouldn't recover.

(a/n: its sunday now if you guys were wondering. like i know some cliché fanfics don't tell u and ppl r like wait aren't they supposed to be in school WHAT DAY IS IT?!)

Rachel wiped her tears and grabbed her car keys from the table near the door. She got in her car and drove fifteen minutes to the cemetery. It was late, hell, it was was past eight. She knew that. She knew that there could be potentional grave robbers lurking, but she pushed it aside. Rachel felt helpless at this point. Who wouldn't? Her husband died, her daughter could die, and what's left? Nothing else is left.

She walked through the lush grass and knew exactly where Daniel's grave was. The flowers that had been placed there three, or actually, almost four years ago, had wilted. They weren't roses, or those typically common flowers. It was a bundle violet and white of statice. It represented remembrance.

The grave had Daniel's name and date etched into the stone. Rachel stood in front of it, blinking the tears that were soon to come. She hadn't visited since three days after the burial.

"Daniel," she began,"I don't know what to do now." She shut her eyes tightly and took a deep breath before opening them again.

"Flynn is in the hospital. It's been years since we last saw our little Leo." Daniel always considered Leo as their child, even though it was just Rachel's. "Everything is just crumbling right now and I miss you so much. I wish that I could wake up next to you everyday. I wish we could relive what fourth grade. I loved your cute glasses and your metal braces. When you gave me those..." Rachel gasped.

<<

Rachel sat on the swing set, with her small feet dangling in the air as she screamed with joy. Little Daniel smiled brightly and clutched the bouquet tightly. He pushed his glasses back and slowly mustered up enough courage to talk to her. He approached Rachel, standing a few feet away so he wouldn't get hit.

"Excuse me, Rachel," he said timidly.

She stopped looking at the clouds. "Yes?" She called when she swung back.

"Will you be my valentine?" Daniel stuttered.

"I'm sorry, what did you-" Rachel swung too forwardly and kicked poor Daniel right in his face. She gasped loudly and shouted a sorry to him. She jumped of the swing and went over to see his face.

He covered his eye, which was throbbing with pain. "I'm sorry!" Rachel cried and hugged him. His eyes widened at her sudden movement.

"It's okay," he responded. It really wasn't okay because his eye felt like it was about to fall out.

"No it's not...what were you saying?"

"Will you be my valentine?" Daniel gave her light smile to reassure that he was fine, even though he wasn't, and handed her the banquet of statice.

"What are these?" She raised an eyebrow at the unfamiliar flower,"why not roses?"

"Those," he laughed and pointed at them,"are statice. They represent remembrance. Roses are too common."

"Okay! I love them and I will be your valentine!"

>>

A vase full of statice sat on the small table beside Flynn's hospital bed. Rachel left the graveyard and on the way back home she whispered,

"Remember Flynn. Remember."

ו×

remember wut. u wut m8. calum when he did a british accent is hawt.

im sorry i just had to let it out.