3.5

3.5

"Luke." Silence."LUKE!"

"Wha-oh. Yeah?" Luke rubbed his eyes. He placed his hand over his mouth and yawned. He looked over at his right to see his mother shaking her head. Calum was just a few seats over, snickering.

"Our row is up next you idiot! Be prepared!" Flynn whispered to him. The people in between them gave a questioning glance. "Sorry," she mumbled and sent a glare towards Luke. The principal began to call their names.

"Flynn Harper." She got up and smiled. The three boys cheered her on and Luke looked around. He was still confused. It felt like everything that had happen was just a few minutes ago. He was dreaming of course, but he could still hear the sound of the gunshots. The gunshot that killed Albony, Lily, and Tommy.

Luke heard distant voices, as if they were morphed and he couldn't make them out. "Luke Hemmings." He focused back on reality and stood up. He adjusted his cap and walked down the aisle with a proud, yet uneasy smile.

»

"Smile!" The camera flashed. Luke turned to his mother. She hugged him and planted a kiss on his cheek. "It'll be alright," she whispered, "your friends are waiting."

Luke nodded and shifted through the crowd. He spotted Ashton and grabbed his shoulder. He spun around, "Oh hey mate."

"Where's everyone else?" He asked.

"I dunno. I heard that Michael and Cal were going out for a celebration. I'm spending the rest of the day with my mum and I saw Flynn head towards the music room."

Luke ran through the school halls and hurried to the music room. He slammed the door open to find Flynn playing the piano.

"There you are," he let out a breath of relief.

She stopped playing and turned around, "I don't think I'm ready...for you know, being out there in the world, on my own." She fiddled with her thumbs.

Luke pulled her into a hug, "Who said you were on your own? You still have me and the other boys."

That's what scared everyone. The future, the unknown. There were people who wanted to grow up, to have their own life. School didn't prepare you for that. Sure, they ask you a bunch of times hey, what do you want to be when you grow up? and children would answer so determined. School can give you lessons on how to cook, how to drive, and how to take care of children...but would they ever prepare for the hardships? What to do if you lost you job or your home? If you couldn't pay taxes?

That's what scared Flynn. She didn't think she was ready. But she held onto Luke. They stood there listening to the sound of the chatter outside and their own breathing. She gave Luke a soft kiss on his cheek and nodded.

"I'm ready."

He smiled, "See? I told you it's not going to be-"

"-No," She laughed and waved her hand around, "I mean...I'm ready."

His eyes widened. "B-but you don't have to rush or anything I-I d-don't mind..." Luke spluttered nervously and moved back a bit as if he had done something wrong.

"It's okay. I am."

x•x
sexy time anyone?