How it came to be...

Hello all readers of the past, present, and future. I want to thank everyone who read this and voted. It was the only story that I was actually happy with, a story that I myself enjoyed writing and wondering what was bound to come next. I remember writing my ideas in my notebook, as I sat alone waiting to board my flight during the summer. I remember fighting with my brother a few minutes before which of course, made me ignore him and just write. I remember having the main character named Leila and Luke wanting her to smile because she never did. And it's funny how things change. Leila to Flynn and smiles to water. Those ideas stayed in my notebook, packed away in my bag and forgotten about. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and finding it, reading it aloud. And so that's how it started. To this day, I still have that notebook. It's full of my messy thoughts and rushed handwriting. But what I will never forget is the first chapter. When I finished the first chapter, I smiled. I was content with it unlike my other stories that I always ended up deleting.

So, I'd like to thank you all for just reading. And you may be reading on your tablets or your phones. And your parents may be yelling at you to get off of them. But don't. Stand your ground. Literature is an escape. It helps me, and it'll help you to.

Mom, I don't give a fuck.

Literature is a place far better than this world. Keep living in it.