1.4

ok so i just realized how shitty and rushed these chapter are. like who the hell has pool parties every week amarite? ill include Mikey & Cal more and sorry btw also, i know that ash is older than the boys by like...3/4 yrs, but let's just pretend ashton got held back...three times lol. idk im seriously having a dilemma with that rn

1.4 aka chapter 14 lol

MICHAEL STARED AT LUKE intently and waited for an answer. Luke stared back at him with a blank expression. They were currently in math class and Michael wanted some answers from him. Class was going to start in a few minutes and Michael needed to know what was going on.

(a/n: sorry for all these shits, but im american...I have no clue how things work for aussies. let's just pretend the boys moved to u.s)

"Luke!" Michael whined and kept poking him in the side.

"I'll tell you at lunch!" Luke snapped and Michael cowered back.

"Boys, do we have a problem here?" The teacher asked, glaring at the two of them. They shook their heads no, and the lesson began.

>>

Luke was so out of focus in class and all his teachers had to snap him out of it. He still had another class before lunch and he couldn't tell if he was eager or nervous. The sweat dripped off of his forehead as he continued to running laps around the field. Luke wanted to hide in the janitors closet instead of participating in gym class. His coach blew the whistle and everyone huddled around him.

"Alright guys, you have to options. The first option is football, and the second is soccer," the coach said and everyone started talking.

"Quiet! Now, we might have to move some of you guys so teams are equal. We're missing...let's see here," he counted the names of the people who were present,"alright. We're missing Flynn, Lily, and I think that's it-oh wait! Ashton is out as well. Okay, go choose and I'll figure out the rest."

Ashton? Why is he not here? Luke thought. He looked at Calum and ran over to where he was.

"Hey Calum, do you know where Ashton is?" He asked.

"Uh...I dunno. Maybe he stayed home," Calum replied.

"Oh."

"I think he's still pissed at you from Saturday."

Luke nodded and decided to stay in the area. Luckily, he didn't get moved. After the intense match, Luke changed back into his clothes and headed to his next class, which was science. During the whole class, he kept thinking about all the worst scenarios about Flynn, Ashton, and even Lily.

>>

Lunch time rolled around and as Luke expected, Michael was waiting for him. Luke rolled his eyes and sat his tray on the table before taking a seat. Calum was the first one to speak up,"So...what happened?"

"Um..." Luke quickly swallowed the piece of sandwich he was chewing before continuing,"I went to her house to apologize and my mum came too."

"Why?" Michael asked, taking a bite of his apple.

"She felt bad for Flynn and she wanted to catch up with her mum."

"Catch up? What do you mean?" Calum questioned.

"Liz knows Flynn's mum from a long time ago," Michael responded for Luke. He already knew about Luke's past because he was the first person to be told. Ashton and Calum didn't know yet.

"Yeah. Anyways, I asked Flynn's mum, who's name is Rachel by the way. I asked her where Flynn was because I wanted to see her. Rachel said she'd be right back to check if Flynn was sleeping...and then my mum and I heard a blood curdling scream," Luke told him. He gulped and continued. It was difficult to tell them without having the image of Flynn's motionless body of the bathroom floor. "So, we ran to her and there Flynn was...lying on the floor with her eyes shut," he choked. He buried his face in his hands.

"Luke," Calum frowned and gave him a hug as he cried.

"I-I d-didn't know if she was b-breathing. The ambulance came and they wouldn't let me see her. I-I visited her yesterday after school and they don't know how long it'll take for her to r-recover!" He hiccuped.

"We can only hope for the best," Michael said and hugged him as well.

>>

"Can I ask why you're getting these...weird flowers instead of like roses?" Calum laughed.

Luke stared at the flowers he clutched in his hand. "It's her favorite I think."

"You think? What if it's not?" Michael laughed with Calum.

Luke smiled as he started to think back of when she told him. "I know it is," he scoffed. He played for the flowers and the three walked back to Michael's car. "Next stop, Ashton's house."

ו×

this chapter was shit. #filler

sorry it sucked :p