Off With The Wristbands

I opened my eyes. I was still in a tent. I set down, breathing heavily. That was not a dream. Now I started to panic. How did I actually end up here? What if I died? I couldn't die. I left the tent and looked around. Everything was still calm. No one had arrived yet saying the grounders existed. Everyone gathered around, eating fruits from the trees near us, so I did the same, they didn't die from that on episode 2, so I was good.

Everyone was having fun, everyone was happy. I felt my heart heavy, how long would that endure? Suddenly I saw Wells, and then Atom. They were arguing about the clothes from the dead kids. Then Bellamy came out of the drop-ship, shirtless and with his hair curly and adorable. I stared at him for a few seconds but then ended up hiding a laugh because I remembered the "Google Earth, always taking pics" meme. Then a girl came out too and kissed him. I tried not to react, not to show any emotion, but inside I felt so jealous. He was there, in front of me, real, not from a dream, and I couldn't have him because, besides being an ass, I had made a few bad decisions the day before because I thought I was in a dream.

"This is home now. Your father's rules no longer apply." Bellamy said, and I rolled my eyes. Wells tried to take the clothes back but Atom stopped him. "Oh, no, no, Atom. Atom, hold up." Now he spoke to Wells."You want it back? Take it."

Wells took the clothes and threw them to the ground, everyone started running to get them.

"Is this what you want? Chaos?" Wells said, I knew what came next.

"What's wrong with a little chaos?" Bellamy said, smirking. And I felt my stomach create a knot.

Then they started to go to the place where screams from a girl were coming from. There was Murphy, trying to hurt a girl on the campfire to take her bracelet off.

"Bellamy. Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first." Murphy said.

Wells jumped on him, setting the girl free.

"You can stop this." He looked at Bellamy, then at me, as if he was also talking to me.

"Stop this?" Bellamy laughed. "I'm just getting started."

Wells looked at me, but I couldn't help him. Right now Bellamy no longer had hair-gel which means he no longer looked like the Bellamy I hated. So I decided to stay quiet.

Then Murphy hit Wells and I took a step forward to stop them, even if Wells was annoying me right now I still liked him as a character. But a hand stopped me. Bellamy had grabbed my arm, not letting me stop them. I felt sick to my stomach, he was touching for the first time, the guy I've been in love for so long.

They fought for a while, I knew they wouldn't get hurt, but still, I didn't want them to suffer like that. Then Wells won the fight, got up and approached Bellamy.

"Don't you see you can't control this?"

"You're dead," Murphy said while getting up.

Somehow I was now hiding behind Bellamy. I didn't want to be friends with him now, or anything more, because I knew he was a douche. Murphy tried to attack Wells but Bellamy stopped them. He got between them, leaving me there, exposed to that.

"Fair fight." He said, giving a knife to Wells.

I smiled, if I didn't know better I would say he was just doing it to show off, but I knew he would do that even if I wasn't there. Part of me said he was also doing it because of me, in this scenario, but the other part said: "don't be stupid, he's Bellamy and you're you." Then he came back to the place where he was before, now next to me. Wells grabbed the knife, and they started to dance around each other like angry lions. They finally started fighting, Murphy cut Wells in the arm and screamed: "This is for my father" but quickly Wells grabbed him and stood there, with his knife against his neck.

"Wells!" We heard Clarke's voice. "Let him go." She approached and Wells pushed Murphy to the ground. Murphy ran to Wells, trying to attack him again. Bellamy stopped him and I stepped back.

"Enough, Murphy." Clarke said and I breathed heavily.

Then Bellamy let go of Murphy and ran to Octavia, that came with Monty, barely walking.

"Octavia, are you alright?" He caught her and helped her sit down. "Where's the food?" Bellamy said, looking at Clarke that was now standing next to Wells.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather," Finn answered sitting down.

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy was angry.

"We were attacked," Clarke replied.

"Attacked? By what?" Wells stared at her.

"Not what. Who." Finn looked at Wells. "It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last."

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Clarke said. Everyone started whispering about it.

"Yeah, the bad news is that the grounders will." Finn said, in a lower tone, to Wells.

Wells looked around for a while, seeing everyone that had arrived. "Where's the kid with the goggles?" He asked.

"His name is Jasper," I whispered.

"Jasper was hit," Clarke answered. "They took him." She really seemed concerned. Then she grabbed Well's wrist. "Where's your wristband?"

"Ask him." He said pointing to Bellamy with his head.

Clarke was really pissed off, I took a step back. I didn't know where to stand.

"How many?" She asked.

"Twenty-four and counting," Murphy answered, proudly.

"You idiots." She took a second to keep talking, and I knew she was thinking about her dad. "Life support on the ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take out your wristbands you're not just killing them. You're killing us!" Everyone was quiet.

Bellamy was serious, I knew he was thinking what to do. Now I wondered why I hated him there, he was my type of character, smart, sarcastic, anti-hero, handsome.

"We're stronger than you think." He looked at the crowd. "Don't listen to her, She's one of the privileged. If they came down, she'll have it good." I rolled my eyes, there it was that word again. "How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm, it makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore. They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say your not criminals! You're fighter, survivors. The grounders should worry about us!"

Everyone shouted "yeah" and I was smiling, but quickly stopped when I saw Clarke looking at me. Clarke left, done with what was happening.

Wells went after her, I tried to stop him but failed. I stood there watching him go after her.

"Okay then..."

Monty tried to get someone to volunteer, to go with them, and that was something I wasn't going to miss. I had to get a connection with Jasper, maybe Monty and I could stop him from doing what he did.

"Hey, I'll help!" I got near Monty.

"Why do you care?" He said, raising his brow.

"Because he seems like a nice kid..."

He ended up believing me and told me to follow him.