Cliff

"Guys! Guys! Wake up!"

I woke up with Clarke's voice. A bit lost at first, I often forgot I was not home but there, with the delinquents.

"She's gone," Clarke said near Charlotte's bed and I got out of mine.

I had forgotten how that played out. Finn got up too and the three of us left the bunker, to go after her before she did something stupid, but I knew it was too late.

Finn used his tracking skills while Clarke and I just followed him. Then he found a footprint.

"Someone else was here."

Then we heard Charlotte scream and they both started running, thinking Murphy had gotten her.

"No, guys, wait! It's just... Bellamy." I whispered the last part, they couldn't know what I knew or how I knew it.

I ran after them for a while until I heard Clarke scream "Bellamy stop!". She had gotten to them and had got all wrong. "This has gone too far. Just calm down. We'll talk about this."

Rain was starting to come down. Murphy grabbed Clarke and pressed a knife to her neck. "I'm sick of listening to you talk."

"Let her go." Finn tried but Murphy held tier.

"I'll slit her throat."

"No, you won't," I whispered.

"No, please. Please don't hurt her." Charlotte cried.

"Don't hurt her? Okay, I'll make you a deal. You come with me right now, I will let her go." Murphy tapped Clarke's shoulder.

"Don't do it Charlotte," Clarke begged.

I tried to move closer to stop Charlotte from jumping but one of Murphy's lap dogs grabbed my arm, and I could almost swear I saw Bellamy moving a step closer to where I was, still in front of Charlotte.

"Charlotte, don't move, please," I begged but I couldn't go to her.

Charlotte tried to come forward but Bellamy stopped her, while she screamed for him to let her.

"Murphy, this is not happening," Bellamy said when Charlotte finally stopped fighting.

"I can't let any of you get hurt anymore. Not because of me. Not after what I did."

I looked at Finn, hoping he would do something, anything. When I turned again I saw her falling. Bellamy and Clarke ran to the border, trying to see her. I finally managed to get rid of the guy and just stood there, looking at Murphy.

"Bellamy..." Murphy said while Bellamy got up.

Bellamy attacked Murphy, making them both fall, fighting. I took a step back and looked at Finn again, hoping he would do something. Where was my peacemaker?

Bellamy kept punching his face while Clarke and I screamed for him to stop, too scared to actually try to force him to stop. Finn finally stepped in, grabbing Bellamy.

"Let go off me. He deserves to die."

"No! We don't decide who lives and dies. Not down here." Clarke started her speech.

"So help me God, if you say the people have a right to decide..." Bellamy answered.

"No, I was wrong before, okay? You were right. Sometimes it's dangerous to tell people the truth. But if we're gonna survive down here, we can't just live by whatever the hell we want. We need rules." Clarke kept on.

"And who makes those rules, huh? You?" Bellamy was truly desperate. It was killing me to see him like that, but there was nothing I could do.

"For now, we make the rules. Okay?" Clarke answered.

"So, what, then? We just take him back and pretend like it never happened?" Bellamy was truly frustrated.

"No!" Clarke took a second to look at Murphy. He had blood all over his face and was still laying on the ground. "We banish him."

"No, Clarke, wait!" I tried. I didn't want Murphy to get hurt. "If we do that the grounders will get to him and kill. Maybe even torture him to get information about us. We can find some other punishment. We're not being better than everyone on the ark."

"You're not wrong. But is the only way." Clarke answered.

Before I could answer Bellamy took a deep breath and got Murphy up by his jacket, getting near the edge of the cliff.

"Bellamy! Stop!" Clarke screamed.

"If I ever catch you near camp, we'll be back here. Understand?" After that, he threw Murphy to the ground. "As for the four of you, you can come back and follow me, or go off with him to die. Your choice." He talked to his lap dogs.

Everyone left, one by one, leaving only me and Finn. He threw a scissor near Murphy, not even looking at him, and then left too, but looking at me, telling me to hurry.

Murphy was on his knees not realizing I was next to him. He tried to get up and I grabbed his arm, trying to help him. He looked at me confused.

"What?" I asked. "Unfortunately I'm too good of a person."

"What do you want? To kill me as they all go? To make sure grounders don't use me against you?" He said in a sarcastic tone. Murphy was truly desperate. I could tell he was reaching to the scissors.

"No, Murphy. You might not understand why I am doing this, not even I know why. It won't help a lot but... Here." I said giving him a few protein bars I had in my pocket that I had found inside the dropship. "Go survive, cockroach." I smiled even if he was really confused. "See you around, Murphy."

A/N

1k reads! Omg. Thank you so much to everyone who actually read this and voted and commented. I hope you're liking it!