The attempt

I was sitting outside, trying to ignore the guilt, I was too late to save Gina.

"Pike is planning something," I heard someone say, next to me.

I looked at the person, an eyebrow raised, while trying to see their traits in the little light there was, quickly realizing it was Harper.

"Wh.. What?" I asked, looking at her.

"I know you don't trust him either, and I know you are worried about Bellamy, I think they are going to try to attack the grounders, and we need you."

I took a deep breath before getting up too.

"I'm in," I answered standing in front of her.

Harper quickly took a gun out of her belt and gave me, whispering a be careful, before starting to walk as I followed. In no time we were near the gate, where Lincoln, Monroe and Sterling were already waiting for us.

"Our odds don't look great..." I said.

"We told Kane," Sterling assured me.

We started hearing noises and saw Pike and his people coming our way, as expected Bellamy was in the front with him. I was very confused, I remembered the attack but I thought it was just after Pike was elected.

Bellamy stepped closer, and we did the same. I couldn't believe Bellamy was really on the wrong side of this.

"You need to step aside right now," Bellamy said looking at everyone except me.

"What are the guns for?" Harper questioned.

"There's an army out there. We need to hit them before they hit us." Bellamy seemed to be almost falling apart.

"They are here to protect us..." I tried.

"Do we have a problem?" Pike said as he and his people got closer.

"No, Sir," I said almost sarcastically and quickly got a nasty look from Lincoln.

"No. I have always done what is best for us. I need you to trust that I'm doing that now." Bellamy said at the same time. "Monroe," he said looking at the girl as she stepped aside, making me look at her with a shocked face. "Harper?"

"Sorry, guys." She said as she moved too.

Bellamy finally looked at me, but I quickly shook my head. "I'm not going anywhere," I answered.

He quickly turned to Lincoln, maybe hoping that if he moved I would too.

"Lincoln. You want to prove you're one of us, let us pass," Now Pike spoke instead of Bellamy.

"I'm not moving," Lincoln answered.

Quickly someone grabbed a gun and pointed at Lincoln. "Get out of the way, Grounder." He screamed.

"So you are just going to let them shoot us? Shoot me?" I said looking at Bellamy without realizing the man had tried to attack Lincoln and he quickly disarmed him and put a knife to his neck.

"Linc..." I whispered starting to realize maybe that part wasn't such a good idea.

Everyone had a gun pointed at us, I couldn't say I wasn't scared, but I also knew we were doing the right thing.

"Put the guns down. Guns down!" Bellamy ordered, looking at me.

"Do as he says," Pike said.

"So much for the good Grounder." Monty's mom spoke and I could swear I had never wanted to punch someone's mother this badly.

"Quiet, Hannah. Whose people are you defending here, Lincoln?" Pike tried, but I didn't let Lincoln speak, I wouldn't let him get more in trouble.

"Innocent people. Ours and theirs. Do you think they won't fight back if we attack an army that's here to protect us?"

"Lincoln put down the knife. No one has to get hurt here," Bellamy looked at him now.

"Just the people outside," I mumbled.

"(Y/N)'s right, I can't let you start a war," Lincoln said.

"We're already at war," Pike answered.

"You can't stop us." Bellamy didn't seem the same.

Before anyone could move or say anything the sound of the alarms spread through camp and Octavia appeared, running to us and joining the two of us against the army.

"What's wrong with you?" She screamed at Bellamy.

Kane and the guards arrived too, taking them hostage as they questioned what was going on. I took a step closer to Bellamy.

"Why?" I asked him. "It was ice nation, not you... Some of the people out there are our friends..." I tried, thinking of Indra.

He didn't answer, just stood there staring at me. I shook my head, taking a step back as I saw Kane getting close to him.

"Guards, take them to lockup now," Abby said. "Everybody back to your quarters. It's over."

"Nothing is over," Pike spoke and proceeded to tell everyone about how Kane had been marked by the grounders and how he thought that was awful and not as good as Kane thought.

"Pike for president!" I heard someone scream.

"Shit," I whispered as soon as I heard everyone screaming for Pike.

The guards took them as they chanted for Pike. We all stood there, staring at what had just happened, with its weight crushing us.

"Are you okay?" I heard Lincoln asking me and I quickly turned to him. "You could just have stepped aside too, you know?"

"I'm okay, yes," I gave him a weak smile. "I wasn't going to let them stop me from doing the right thing."

A/N

I'm so sorry it took me so long to update, I've just been very busy, but that finally changed. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, even if it was small. Please vote and comment your opinion. Are you guys enjoying the new season? See you next chapter.