001

s.c.; rufus wainwright - hallelujah 

-=-

january.

It was still bitter cold outside. I can not wait till spring comes around, the sweet aroma of tulips, dahlias, orchids, and peonies. Newborn baby birds chirping in the earning morning, morning dew lying on every blade of grass on the ground, and the calming, chilled breeze blowing through my hair on my way to the bookstore. But unfortunately, it was still mid winter around me and it was really obfuscous and indefinite out, and I could tell a tremendous blizzard was on the way.

I was sitting hushed and still when suddenly the power went out. The bookstore was eeriely quiet but I was used to it by now. I looked around the bookstore, quietly, for some candles for a bare amount of light to still be able to see the ink on the pages within the book, I was reading at the moment. Striking the match across the gritted paper along the box, lighting the candle, and finally being able to see my book from the poor amount of light from a single candle, a single flame, growing and deflating again and again, whisping around and around on the wick with the gentle drift throughout the bookstore. I sat in the nook of the bookstore, where there were worn down audomins and rocking chairs placed to be alone and read a novel on your own. I was shook from my peaceful reading state when the bell on the door of the bookstore, chimed and a person came in along with a cold breeze coming in through after. I ignored the unknown being wondering around the shelves of books, upon books, searching for that one special novel hidden within the others of each other. The floor boards creeked and croaked with every single step he or even a she took. Then it all stopped, and the bell, once again chimed against the door, and the door slammed shut along with the bell. I was once again left in my bitter sweet silence to finish my book.

-=-

It was around twelve a.m. by the time I reached my apartment, pulling off my peacoat, bolting and locking the door on my way in. I was in need of a very deep slumber from a cold and windy day of work. Willing myself to take a hot shower, I stepped into the shower, shampooing, conditioning, and washing having it be coconut scented at the least. It took about one hour for my hair to completely dry, I do not like going to sleep with wet hair.
        Waking up in the morning at five a.m. has become a daily routine for me, that it is all natural for me. Having hot oatmeal with blueberries with cinnamon sprinkled on the top, I would have to say my morning started off great to me. Since today was Sunday, I had the day off. Today was the one, I did not like because I would not be in the bookstore, rereading the books I have read so many times before and intend on keep reading. When you read a book, then go back and reread, you notice things before that you did not notice the first time you read the same exact book, I find it so fascinating. As of right now, I was rereading The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien, truly an amazing book, leaves me stunned every time from the mystery to the reality of the book. I love just sitting down, read a god novel and having a steaming hot cup of white tea with milk and sugar.
        After showering, brushing my teeth, and cleansing my face, I decided to go for a walk to a small cafe down by the bookstore since it was about seven a.m. or I just wanted an excuse to go to the bookstore unannounced. Once I locked the front door to my apartment, and not forgetting to double check the lock to make sure no one would get in and out as they please, and made my way out of the complex building out onto the sidewalk and begin my long and bitter walk to the cafe/bookstore. After about a fifteen minute walk, I noticed that all the lights inside of the bookstore were shut off and the sign on the door saying ' Closed be back tomorrow! - May ', that was really strange, May never closes off this early in the morning, if she was there right now, she would be making hot oolong tea and biscuits in her apartment above the shop. Leaving at that thought, I decided to return home and cuddle on the couch with some more hot white tea and the continuation of my book.

        As I reached my apartment complex, I noticed something I have never noticed before. I saw a black Triumph motorcycle parked across the street, that was really strange to me considering I have lived here for almost four and a half years and not once have I seen that killer machine a day in those years. I had a skeptical look on my face as I stared at it, but continued my way up the steps to my apartment. I scrambled to find my keys at the bottom on my bag, but came in no luck. But then I remembered that I put them in the front pocket of my peacoat, reaching into my pocket, and hearing the jingles of my keys made me smile. Finally opening my door then locking and bolting the door like I always have done, pulling off my coat and hanging it on the coat rack beside the door and carelessly throwing my bag onto the couch, I fell asleep on the comfy couch of my apartment and finally being able to catch up on some much needed sleep after a long six days of work and waking up at five a.m. then coming home around six p.m. was a very good reason to be sleepy at a time like this.

a/n;
hiya ! (: 
        I hoped y'all liked the first chapter of my book ! 
     feedback and comments are much appreciated ! (:

Until next chapter ! 
                        - M. x
        eighteeth of august, twenty-fourteen.

                twenty after eleven p.m.

© fxckinstyles