002

s.c.; sam smith - life support 

-=-

january.

        Inferno, tinder, and incadescence. Her innocent blue eyes ablaze with the sight in front of her, she finds the beauty with the glow of the strobe lights. Living her dream life in the safety of her own self-conscious. Going to town in the mist of the night, having the time of her life with her bestfriends, and partying until the sun rises. Heat. Body heat, sweaty bodies clashing with one another, and not having a care in the world. But none of this is reality, but only your own wishes and thoughts of being a different person from who you really are.

*ring-ding*

        The sound of the alarm clock, rattling on the wooden nightstand next to her bed as it goes off at exactly five a.m. sharp. The attempting and trying to find the ignorant clock, finally pays off of throwing it at the ground of her bedroom floor. Opening one of her reflectant blue eyes, squinting from the harsh, glistening sun coming within the petty opening of the curtains hanging in front of her window sill. Knowing that her dreams would never become reality, she deeply sighed and got up from her warm duvets. Today was another Monday to her, waking up, showering, eating breakfast which mostly consisted of a fruit granola bar, and then off to work she went. Walking out of her apartment door, checking the lock and making sure the door was sealed shut on her way out, she was admiring the fresh blanket of glistening snowflakes that lie on the ground, neoteric and untrodden on. Forcing herself to stop staring at the petite flakes of snow, and continuing her way to work on the south-side of town.

        Finding the her sight of the familar front door of the bookstore, she smiled to herself and was finally grinning from ear to ear knowing that she was going to be spending the next five days, from dusk to dawn at the bookstore. Upon closer inspection, she finds again that all the lights are off in the store and the closed sign has not been turned over since late Friday night. She sighed deeply  and turned back to take back her twenty minute walk home because she could not get in the store if she wanted too and she did not have any keys for the door either. She started to get worried about the bookstore, but most importantly, May. She thought of the worst situations possible, Is she dead? Did she fall down and break all two-hundred and six bones in her body? Did she just pack up and leave the bookstore behind? These questions and horrible thoughts about May scared her and only made her worry even more than she was already. She walked through the front door and walked up all six staircases to her apartment, sad and feeling disconsolate. She felt the need for a hot cup of white tea with cream, while in the kitchen, she switched on her vinyl player and the sound of Billy Idol played quietly throughout her apartment. She hummed to the music, while she made her favorite tea that always put her in a good mood and at peace. 

        It was about nine p.m., she must of fell asleep while listening to her vinyls, that soothed her mood for the time being. She instantly thought of May, her mood went from cloud nine to tinder in less than milliseconds. She did not feel the need to sleep at the time being, she just wanted to know that May was okay and well enough to walk and run the bookstore with her help, ofcouse. She thought that May was fine, she did not seem to be in any pain, all May did was smile twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. She never seemed to be a debby downer, or be in any real pain that she could of noticed. She just sat on her sofa, pondering the endless amounts of things that could of happened, but she soon told herself that May was fine and she would be back at the bookstore tomorrow, bright and early like every single day of the past four years. 

-=-

Tuesday.

        Only three more days until Friday but she never loved the weekend. She loved to spend all of her hours reading and writing and even correcting errors in actual old novels that she found throughout the pages. She had all of these pet peeves that she loved or always found bothersome, like her obsession with york peppermint patties and sour patch kids, always wanting white tea with cream and sugar, cinnamon dashed on the top too. Or having a wall of different colored sticky notes with her favorite quotes from novels or inspirational that would steer her into the right direction in life. She thought people with ignorant attitudes and thinking they are better than everyone around them was just unacceptable in her set mind concept. She loved to wear knee socks with ankle boots in the spring and fall season, but till this day she will always love reading all different genres of novels. She was snapped out her thoughts by a knock at her door.

        She padded to the door and looked through the peep-hole, she saw a man in a uniform. She opened the door and the man greeted her, "I believe these are for you, m'am." He said cheerfully with a smile plastered on his face. She shook her head saying 'no'. She did not know anyone besides May and the girl behind the cash register at the cafe down the street from the bookstore. The man then frowned saying a quick 'sorry' and left without another word. She thought that was very weird, but he might of gotten the wrong apartment number. Just as she was about to sit back down on her sofa, there was another knock at her door but more harsh than before. She was confused, but cautiously bolted her door then opened her door slowly and left a piddling sized crack between the door and the frame. She was bewildered by who she saw standing in front of her apartment door.

"Ire..."

She gasped. She has not heard that nickname since she was a young girl. She tried everything to get away from him, but he kept coming back and ended up finding her in the end. He was so persistent and ignorant, she could not stand being in his presence for more than a minuscule of a second. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to keep herself at bay for his presence was right in front of her. 

"How did you find me, Carter..."

He just smirked and walked away without saying another word to her. She was left to puddle in her own boots. She did not know how to feel emotionally or mentally. She suddenly felt tired and went to bed immediately, even tho it was only seven p.m.

a.n.;

So I named her irena. (:

        Thought it was a beautiful name...(got it from Twilight...thank you mother..)

Anyways, until next time ! 

- M. x

       five past six p.m.

        twenty-first of august.

© fxckinstyles