011

s.c.; imagine dragons - warriors

-=-

april.

         Eight letters, another word for speed. Three letters, another word for lust. She sat on her couch with her tea on the coffee table in front of her, trying to figure out the daily newspaper crossword in front of her. With her soft vinyls playing in the background of her apartment, she figured that it would be best if she got ready for the day. After showering, shaving again, brushing her hair and teeth, and all that other shit you do in the morning to get ready, she did that. She then walked over to her closet that she barely even touches. Looking through all of her clothes that still had the price tags on them, she never found the need to get all gussied up for work at a bookstore. she had to find a outfit for her final interview with the CEO of H.E.S. Incorporated. After frisking through her closet full of unknown items, she found a maroon, vivacity peplum top and a jet black fitted skirt that was tucked away in the back of her closet. She paired it with some nude heels from an event she attended an event for her mother's work and she was her mothers plus one.

        After looking in her floor length mirror for awhile, she was compensating with herself if it was good enough or over the top. But in the end, she decided that she was going to run out of time and was not going to change again if she did not leave soon. She looked at the clock and it read, seven-twenty-three. She thought that she might as well head out now and be early rather than take her sweet ass time and be late. She did not like being late to anything, even an important interview. She called a cab and waited for a few moments for it to arrive. The cab arrived about ten minutes later after she called, throwing her bag over her shoulder and she was off back into the city. During the cab ride, she read the last and final chapters of her book as soon as she arrived in front of the corporate office.

        It was warmer today than yesterday so she did not feel the need to wear her peacoat this time going out. Stepping out of the cab in her nude, strappy heels and paying the cab driver the fare that was owed, she lurched in her heels for a split second and walked toward the front, spirling door with major caution not to fall over and embarrass herself. She saw the same girl with blonde hair from yesterday, sitting behind the desk on the main floor, Allison. Allison looked up at the girl in nude heels and gave her a small wave and smile. She chuckled to herself that the young girl was strifing to walk in high heels toward her. 'Welcome back! I am guessing Novak took a liking to you after all, huh?' Allison said. 'I guess so...he said that the CEO is going to be interviewing me.' She said, suddenly getting nervous of the thought of not getting the job that she needs to keep herself occupied in life. 'Wow..that is a serious thing that you have to handle there, but good luck and you have to go to level ninty-six today.' Her eyes were the size of quarters, 'ninty-six floors?!' But she thanked her quietly and walked toward the elevators carefully and pulling her skirt back down to a comfortable spot on her thighs.

        The elevator dinged at level ninty-six and the sight from up there was gorgeous in her eyes. It had to be the tallest building in the city because you could see everything and everyone from up there. She stood there for a good amount of time, until someone coughed slightly causing her to turn around and apologize quickly in advance to not noticing they were there. But she was staring at a women, maybe around her age, dressed in a tailored business suit and skyscraper, cherry red stilettos. She was flawless, she thought to herself and looked down at her toes, peeking out her heels. 'What can I do for you sweety?' She said in a fake smile and high-pitched voice. 'Uhm...I..I am here for the secretary interview...for the job opening...' She rambled and made a fool of herself. She scolded herself internally for being so idiotic at a moment like this. The lady laughed like a hyena and spoke again, 'Oh, you are Miss Hawthourne, I presume?' She nodded and kept her gaze downward, suddenly the Brazilian cherry hardwood floors taking her interest immensely. 'Alright, well if you would just follow me, I will tell my boss that you are here.'  She thanked her quietly and followed her down the hall to a set of stygian doors. The lady popped her head in and mentioned that she was here and ready for her whenever was a good time. She then heard a deeper voice than the man that she heard yesterday. 

        'Send her in.' That was all she heard and the lady held the door open for her to walk into. The door the closed quietly behind her as she stood at the base of the double doors behind her. She stood there silently waiting to be directed by the man behind the desk. All she saw was the back of a black chair, he never once turned around to face her. 'Sit. Immediately.' He said in a cold tone to her and she quickly sat in one the onyx black leather chairs in front of the freshly polished mahogany desk. He spoke again, 'I suppose you are Miss Irena Hawthourne, yes?' She said yes quiet enough for him to hear her in the large office. He hummed in response and said nothing else. A few moments past and it was very restrained to a silent in the room. She did not know what to do or say, so she just sat there and waited again. He then finally spoke again, 'You got the job. Congradulations, be here at six-forty-five a.m. sharp. I do not tolerate people being late in my building, but if you are late you will be fired on the spot. Am I crystal clear Miss Hawthourne?!' She mumbled another yes to her, now new boss. 'You are dismissed until tomorrow, goodbye.' She was happy that she was hired until May got back, but had a feeling that she would be scared of this man that never showed his face to her during the entire time that she was there in his office. 

        She got up and left the building without saying another word or glance to anyone that she walked past. All she wanted to do was get home and sleep until she had to get up early for work the next day. Falling on her bed when she got home, she was too tired to do even move, so she ended up falling asleep ontop of her covers that night. And she would be having a hell of a day at work the next day, she just would never expect any of this coming her way.

a.n.;

                I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter. I am starting to come up with ideas for this book and my new book, Eradication. It will be starting VERY SOON !

        But until next time or chapter...I guess.

        - M. x

                        thirtieth of september, twenty-fourteen.

                                forty-one past eleven p.m.

© fxckinstyles