025

june.

        As much as she loved the perks of the job she had, she just did not feel comfortable in the environment anymore. She was stood in front of his office door, thinking of what she was going to say and how she was going to approach this. Once she figured it out she knocked on the wooden door twice. She heard the low sound of 'Come in.' and entered his office with very little confidence. He was sat in the middle of the desk with his laptop in front of him surrounded by files and papers scattered all around him. 'Ahh, Miss Hawthourne. What can I do for you?' He said with a small smile on his face. She looked down at the floor then back at him and spoke, 'Mr. Styles, I have come to inform you that I am abdicating as your secretary from this point on.' He was left speechless and stared at her and thought, Is this really happening or is this a dream? She left her resignation letter on his desk and left without another word. He heard the door shut silently and that is when her snapped out of his trance. He saw the piece of paper of his secretary resignation letter, it was real. 

        She gathered her shoulder bag quickly and left down the hall. She had finished all of the files given to her before she let herself go. She was tired of trying to look top notch everyday to just go to work. She was content on just wearing a sweater and jeans to work at the bookstore. She missed getting tea on her walk to work every morning. She also missed the smell of old books and dust that was the bookstores feel. She felt so different of herself that she could not even recognize herself in the mirror. She was out of the building in a matter of minutes, hailing a taxi on the curb. A cab pulled up in front of her when she heard the all too familiar husky voice of her now ex boss. 'Irena!' She turned to see him walking towards her looking very determined and too collected. This scared her and she quickly turned back around and entered the cab, telling him to drive fast toward her apartment. But before she was too far away she heard him one last time in the worst way possible, 'Why! Why does everyone always leave!? Irena do not dare leave me, do you hear me! Do not you dare!' His voice became very quiet the farther she got away from him. He was not making this any easier on her than it already was. She was falling for someone that was way out of her league and she barely even knew. But deep down she felt the connection between them, she just did not want to admit it to herself. As soon as the cab pulled up to her apartment complex, she quickly handed the man some money and got out. She took the stairs up to her floor level and was up in less than five minutes. As soon as the door was open, she bolted it shut and locked the lock on the door handle. She took a moment to catch her breath and take off her heels. She needed another long deserved nap after what just happened just less than an hour ago.

        There were broken lamps, vases, and files all over his office as he paced back and forth. What had he done to make her run away and leave him after what had happened in that hotel room just less than two weeks ago? He thought of all of the possibilities but nothing made sense. She was only comforting him when he was at a weak point and he knew that. But to him that comfort made him fall for her even harder. He was lost in her presence, but now that she was no longer here he felt the same after the one who made him whole left him without a second thought and never returned to his life. But then she came into his life and turned it around three-hundred and sixty degrees, he felt that same love and adoration that he did for the harlot that left him. He wanted her in his life for the rest until the day he dies and he knows what he wants. He let out a loud holler and stormed out of his office and down to the street, he called his driver, 'If you are not here in less than five minutes you are fired on the spot, now hurry!' He hung up immediately after. His driver was there in less than two minutes and he ordered him to drive to her apartment building. As soon as he arrived, her ran up the stairs to her apartment door and banged on it, hard. 'Irena! Irena, I know you are fucking in there, now open the damn door!' He yelled while pounding onto the door. But he got no answer, but he could hear soft music in the apartment, he knew she was in there and she was. This made his rage and angry turn into bewail and anguish. Silent tears rolled down his now puffy cheeks, 'Irena, please open the door. Please, you can not do this to me.' He said while his eyes filled with water to the brim before they fell onto his white dress shirt. He was about to walk away when he heard the door become unbolted from the other side.

a.n.; 

                        Hope you enjoyed.

                'till next time.

        I have a new book called Time, go check it out.

- M. x

                        thirtieth of november, twenty-fourteen.
                                forty-one after six p.m.

© fxckinstyles