003

s.c.; birdy - skinny love

-=-

february.

        Tuesday. The where you want to put in effort for the day, then yet you do not at the same time. She felt this way because of Carter, he reminded of how her childhood was like. He had everything she wanted, but he mostly had the one thing she craved to have of experienced, a father. She was just lying in bed, staring at her cieling fan spin around and around in a circle. She did not know if May would be opening the bookstore today or not, because the last couple of days, the doors have been sealed shut under lock and key. She woke up fifteen minutes before five a.m. and in that fifteen minutes period, she thought of what her life would be if she had not made the choices she made in the past, would she have someone who loved and cared for her? Would her father still be a presence in her life? Or would she not as so much be innocent anymore? These questions ran through her head and made her fretful. 

        Stretching and removing the warm duvets from her body, she got up to make a cup of hot, white tea. Reaching the kitchen, she pulled out her favorite tea mug and grabbed a tea bag. While the water boiled on the propane stove, and the steam releasing the hatch on the broiler of the tea pot, she got out the milk and sugar. But she could find any sugar in her pantry, she did not realize that she did not have anymore. Having no sugar, she changed her mind on the tea and made some coffee instead. She liked coffee, but preferred hot tea over coffee any day. It was about five-thirty a.m. and only thirty minutes have past, but it felt like two hours to her. She did not want to go into work today, which was very unlike of her to feel. Days like this she would be up and out the door to get to the bookstore on time, as always. But she decided to suck it up by putting on her peacoat and plaster a fake smile on her face and head out the door to work.

        It was finally the prelude of february and she could not be any happier. It was only two more excruciating months until spring was finally coming around. That meant blooming flowers everywhere, the grass finally starting to show the green pigment, and everything becoming more alive in her eyes before her. Having all of the beautiful and bright colors surrounding her, but she was cut short of her thoughts upon the bell hung on the door to the bookstore, chimed, signalling the arrival of a new customer. She did not bother to look up from her book, but she was too into her thoughts that she has not strayed from the open page of the book. She heard the shuffling of feet across the old floorboards of the bookstore, but then again the bell on the door chimed signaling that the person has left. She let out a breath that she did not knew that was balling up in her throat. She continued her dive into her book and no one else bothered her for the rest of that work day. 

        Walking home from work, the snow was still imperceptible on the ground of the side walk and she was still algid even tho it was the beginning of february. She decided that she was not going to go straight home from work but head to the record store near her house. It was about a twenty minute walk but she was already cold so what was the point? Upon arriving at the record store, she walked into the perspiring store and finally felt relieve return to her finger tips. Looking around the store, finding the fine details within the vinyls and the faded out color of the carpet beneath her feet. Brushing her now warm fingertips along the stacks and crates of vinyls. Finding her favorite artists from The Fray to Stevie Wonder. She was in a part of her life that she loved besides reading and correcting novels. She picked out a couple of vinyls, payed for them, and decided to head back home for the day. 

        Placing her new vinyl on her record player, the soft music filled her apartment and she was in her own state of mind. Vinyls playing in the background, hot tea at her side, and a novel in her hands. Finishing the last page of her book, she set it down on the coffee table and looked around her apartment and thought it needed a good cleaning, after all she was never home but still felt the need to clean around her apartment. After spending around two or three hours cleaning her apartment, she realized that is was close to one o'clock in the morning. Her eyes went to the size of quarters, she has never stayed up that late, never even past twelve on a weekday. She quickly showered and hopped into bed. She fell into a deep slumber instantly.

        It was finally the morning but it was not five a.m. like she expected, it was almost nine a.m. She was telling herself how careless she was for not setting her alarm before she went to sleep last night. Rushing to put on her ankle boots and get out the door in promptitude to get to work. On her way out in celerity, she ran into someone mumbling a quick 'sorry' to the person in her determined path to get out of the door, while exiting the front door of the apartment complex, she heard the mystery person say 'it is alright'. She flashed a quick smile, but looked away to quickly to see their face properly. Racing out the door, onto the sidewalk, and almost slipping on sheets of ice, she made it there it ten minutes for a twenty-five minute walk. She pulled the door open, bells chiming as she did and saw May at the front desk, reading a book. May looked up from her book and gave her a knownig smile and said, 

" What are you doing here dear? I thought you were sick, so I did not mind you coming in because I seen you yesterday with a runny nose and sneezing with your nose all red." She smiled at the young girl standing in the doorway of the bookstore and continued when she stayed silent, "You go on home and get some rest, you look like you need it by seeing there are black circles underneath your eyes." She gave May a nod and slipped out of the bookstore softly and expeditiously back onto the sidewalk and returned home for the day to get some well need rest and recover from her unknown cold that she had suddenly gotten, but never paid attention to.

a.n.;

   sorry I was m.i.a. for the past couple of days, never really got a chance to write, but I am in school right now, writing this and hoping that my teacher is not looking over my shoulder as i write this down.

but I hoped you liked the chapter, it is about to get good, but I like it already :)

- M. x

        twenty-seventh of august.

                twelve p.m. 

© fxckinstyles